Author Topic: A Narn-Centauri War Campaign  (Read 9144 times)

Offline redmenace

A Narn-Centauri War Campaign
I have a couple of questions,
have you guys worked on any cargo containers, weapons platforms, and the centauri and narn space stations/outposts. You can see from the title that this is concerning an idea for a centauri-narn war campaign. Unfortunatly there is only so much that I can work on right now. Because all that is availiable are the two cruisers and battle ships.

Secondly, is there anyone out there interested in Fredding a few missions?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Both Narn and Centauri stations are WIP. Narn defense platform is finished but nobody has yet begun working on Centauri blockade mine, same with any other cargo pods except EA. Actually there is just one cargo pod done at the moment but these are pretty easy to make, it's more of matter of  time if these gets done anytime soon.

I am afraid only new Narn or Centauri ship that gets done to R3.0 is Narn defense platform (or was it in R2?), Primus and maybe Scarab.

Presumably R3.1 will bring you Octurion, T'Loth, Rutarian, Gorith, Toreth and both Centauri and Narn stations.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 07:13:19 am by 173 »

Offline -Norbert-

For what stands WIP?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Work In Progress.

Offline redmenace

well the main ones are that are key to the campaign I have in mind are the defensive platforms and bases and cargo containers. a narn transport would be great also. I could use the heavier cruisers and battle ships but these were rare in the original series and would be somewhat rare in a campaign. they would be present especially in missions involving attacks on planets.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Scarab trasnsport should be in R3, I've just got to play around with the lod texture and then its up to the convertor to get it in game.Primus lod0 is finished and just waiting on the other lods:D :D :D
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Narn Ja'Stat station is currently being uv mapped...:nod:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:14:43 am by 1445 »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
In the mean time take a league base and stick 5 Th'nors to it. ;)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline redmenace

any chance of getting those bases a little early?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
When finished and next "base" is released ;)

Offline redmenace

sigh, oh well.
Mind if I bounce off some mission ideas?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Bounce away.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hmh, I just remembered that I actually have a script for Narn-Centauri War. I never finished it though, first four missions  were written and general script laying somewhere, I forgot where.

Offline redmenace

Mr. Fury, could I see?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Ahhh I don't know. With quick glance it seems to be full of spelling and grammatical errors as well as a poor script. Hell, its about two years old.

Offline redmenace

lol, well not much better than what I could come up with. I am sure. But I have a general idea. I want to start with the pilot jumping in and finding the base and outpost destroyed by the shadows and seeing the centauri. Then immediatly after that mission the Narn go on the offensive and attack one of the centauri colonies.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

the end of the campaign will probably include refugees making it to B5.

Any input is more that welcome.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Slasher

A Narn-Centauri campaign isn't inconceivable by any means despite the lack of ship variety.  If the missions were kept varied enough a player would never notice.  Varying missions is something someone should shoot for in any event. :)

Cruisers appearing to be rare in the series might simply be due to JMS not showing a whole lot of the shooting part of the 6 (standard) month Narn-Centauri War during Season 2.  I'm sure the actual conflict spanned many star systems, but I suppose JMS didn't want S2 getting bogged down in this little conflict.  During all that shooting I'm sure there were plenty of capships, however.  The Narn and Centauri had big fleets and the Narn had a huge population from which to draw soldiers and officers from.  Plenty of potential carnage for a campaign. :)

Offline redmenace

well I am going to purchase season 2 on half.com
for two reasons:
1. Audio and CB Animations, which reminds me, anyone know the process of taking a dvd ripping it cutting it up and encoding as a ANI?
2. I only remember so much about the actual conflict.

But, Slasher you read my mind. the missions need to be kept varried. I am even thinking of a covert ops involving a centauri fighters. I am also trying to figure out how many missions should be made. I mean if the conflict lasted 6 months literally we could be talking about 100 or so sorties.

I am thinking about how many large battles there should be. or how many cap ships should be involved.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline -Norbert-

Don't forget to make the end a little like the R1-Campaign.
Until their desperate attack on the Centauri Supply Center on Gorash (at least I think it was Gorash) they fought a holding action, being pushed back further and further.

And remember the series is named Babylon 5, so it's quite logical, that it's main focus is on the station and it's crew, not on the Narn/Centauri war.