Author Topic: FreeSpace Archeology  (Read 2776 times)

FreeSpace Archeology
Is the Green Beam ever used in FS 2? :confused:
It does not seem to appear in the standard loadouts of any ships, or at least I did not find any in the wiki....

On a side note:
What other weapons are theoretically available in unmodified FS 2, but not used much?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 07:46:36 pm by BengalTiger »
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Green Beam might have been an experimental, early beam used during development of FS2.

Targeting Laser is one.  Railgun, from FS1+ST, is another.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

What other weapons are theoretically available in unmodified FS 2, but not used much?

The Training Laser, not sure about S-AAA-Weak but it'd be used on a per-mission basis

Re: FreeSpace Archeology
Updated the topic a bit, I didn't know there was this many things left over from development until I started digging deeper. I know that there were missions that appeared incomplete, but weapons...

Or ships..
GTB Artemis D.H.
The D.H. variant is faster and more maneuverable than the standard Artemis bomber

Yet the ship is set up just exactly like the standard one. Anyone know of any hints how much faster and more maneuverable the D.H. was supposed to be?
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Re: FreeSpace Archeology
As far as I can see that there's no indication; wiki doesnt mention anything either although its rather complete on the lore stuff.

This might be relevant if you want to dive deeper into this kind of things: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Inconsistencies