Author Topic: Uhm... uhh... exploding kittens, I guess...  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Uhm... uhh... exploding kittens, I guess...
I... don't really... this Kickstarter has surpassed.... I mean...  :eek2:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Uhm... uhh... exploding kittens, I guess...
News: The Oatmeal guy does a kickstarter, raises $2.3 million in two days.

Views: Yeah pretty much.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The Kicktraq is hilarious - trending towards 262,430% funded at present. :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I almost supported it because we love to play games in our social group, and this one looked fun.. but now I feel like I'd just be jumping on the bandwagon. Plus, $20-35 for a card game seemed a little steep.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I almost supported it because we love to play games in our social group, and this one looked fun.. but now I feel like I'd just be jumping on the bandwagon. Plus, $20-35 for a card game seemed a little steep.

You haven't played many modern card games, I'm guessing.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
20 to 35 USD for a game like this is pretty much the expected price these days. Just be glad this is not a CCG or TCG :P
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

i liek to play uno-liek cards sold on chinese stores by .99 euros. hey, i have mouths to feed!

e: don't get me wrong. I understand they are priced that way and that's just the way it is. However, I do feel that at 2 million bucks, that's probably a 90% profit rate or more right there, assuming the management costs, printing and shipping them, even adding the development costs. It's an unfair analysis because they were not expecting 2 million so the price is justified, but still.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:52:56 pm by Luis Dias »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
You can download and print Cards Against Humanity for free off of their own website.  Also, a friend of mine said they at one point did a "pay what you want" kind of deal that went all the way to 0.  He did that just to see what would happen, and they sent him everything along with a sarcastic letter.
I like to stare at the sun.