Author Topic: Freespace 2 Download Links  (Read 365864 times)

Re: Freespace 2 Download Links
????????

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Don't worry about the actual file name, just tell the Installer to get what you need.  It will not list the actual file names, it will say something like, "FreeSpace2 Retail Music files" instead of "warble_fs2.vp".

oh......and ya i asked how to play as shivan....i didn't get understandable reply........can help?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
*grumbles something unintelligible*

It's not understandable because you don't know how table files work.   Look up table files in the wiki and in Karajorma's FS FAQ.  Then tell me if you understand what they are saying.

i pressed the Freespace wiki on the top which is near the forums.....then i typed FSt tables......and then clicked tables........is that where i find help?? i'm lost....... :confused:

im now here.......JR i think IM better........im here now......... http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Freespace_2_Era_Craft

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I"ll give you a boost: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Tables

BTW, kara's FAQ is under "External Sites", listed as FreeSpace FAQ.

EDIT: And, in case you were wondering, to find that in the wiki, you just search for:

table files

but wait a minute.....how does editing in website affect the downloaded FreeSpace??????and ya i went to the link which you gave me.....shall i edit anything there??? it looks like that im in a world of my own............ :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
NO!! Don't edit that!  *bites nails, spits them onto keyboard*  Go read kara's FAQ and get back to me after your done with his section on table files.

EDIT: I'm not mad at you, just trying to make a joke... :nervous:  sorta.  :D

EDIT2: After I get back from work in about 3-4 hrs I will check back here, OK?

Okay......i went to Karajorma's FAQ.......i dont understand much.......i mean i understand nothing.......it was the FreeSpace Oracle [i think correct spelling ] rite?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
That was right.  Ok, basically a table file resides inside one of your .vp files, usually.  Now, if you're going to change that table, then you have to create a new table file outside the .vp... darn this is going to be confusing for you.  I think I'm going to go to sleep & try to explain this when I get up.  In the slim chance that you'll be able to understand a brief explanation, here goes:

A table file contains settings for a particular set of objects in FS.  (example, ships or weapons).  ships.tbl would contain a ship's max speed, max AB speed, accelleration, vertical / horizontal slide speed (if any), etc, etc.  These table files are normally stored inside a .vp file, and while they are there they cannot be changed.  But, you can extract a copy of them to the correct directory (inside the vp files, there are directories.)  The correct on in this case is ships.tbl.  Now, these tables also have settings for if a player is allowed to fly the ship.  So, if you extract a copy of ships.tbl to \FreeSpace2\data\ship.tbl & change the values, you can play as the Shivans   (Well, at least fly their ships.)

Yep you are exactly right, i am lost in a world of my own........

Yep you are exactly right, i am lost in a world of my own........

I was lost in my own little world once, but my kids organized a search party and found me :(
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

roflol!!!

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I was lost in my own little world once, but my kids organized a search party and found me :(

Poor bloke!  :(

You'll have to find a harder to find little world of your own somewhere. Either that or get a shed at the bottom of the garden!  :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

I probably would have  been better off if I'd gotten lost in my own little world somewhere where the kids didn't run constantly LOL

I have a basement, I wonder if changing the door hinges around would throw them off for a day or two?
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Use Turey's Installer, and just get the Retail Stuff.  But getting the .exe files for SCP wouldn't hurt, even if your computer's old... but if you don't want them, you don't have to.

For retail, get the red circle.  But you should be able to get the green one, too.  *shrugs*  It's up to you.  Oh, and

:welcome:

You have a horrible desktop! I could never live like that. There are these cool windows things called folders, you know...

EDIT: What is Power Defrag?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:18:25 pm by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Since you've posted Col, get that marquee out of your sig. The HTML to do that ceased being cool about 2 weeks after the first browser to support it appeared and we're not even counting welcomed newbies any more anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Since you've posted Col, get that marquee out of your sig. The HTML to do that ceased being cool about 2 weeks after the first browser to support it appeared and we're not even counting welcomed newbies any more anyway.

I like my marquee. Why can't I count welcomed newbs?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
EDIT: What is Power Defrag?

To tell, or not to tell, that is the question....

See my sig, under "Optimizing performance"