Author Topic: wrong campaign loading  (Read 1087 times)

wrong campaign loading
Hi guys! I downloaded the BP Complete installer. I ran it and I was prompted it was going to install BP in C:/Games/Freespace2. Then I opened the root folder in explorer and saw that two new folders where created (blueplanet and blueplanet2). Everything regular I thought.

Then I ran wxlauncher, activated the "blueplanet" mod from "mods" tab, selected the correct executable in "basic settings" tab, and corrected  -spec_point value (in "advanced settings" tab) to 0.3 as suggested. Did I miss anything untill this point?

Then I started the game: the splash screen was changed, tabs' background was changed... BUT, when I clicked on the Briefing Room, it loaded the beginning original FS2 campaign. There is no other campaign to choose. Textures on spaceships have upgraded, accordingly with BP mod, but the campaign haven't. Why? How do I load the correct BP:AoA campaign?

Here's also the FS2open log, created with the debug version. I hope someone can help me... Thank you!

PS: I also created a new pilot before playing, but it didn't make any difference...

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: wrong campaign loading
Uh, just go to the campaign room in the main menu and select the campaign you want to play?

If you have the Aquitaine mainhall it should be a map on the wall (it'll say Campaign Room when you mouse over it), otherwise it's just a button that says Campaign. And don't forget to create a new pilot before you start.

yeah... my instinct told me it was something like this....  :banghead: Thank you General!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
At least for retail mainhalls, when you press F1 (help), it will show you what part of the screen will do what when you put your mouse on it. It's handy when you're lost the first time.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras