Author Topic: Wrong font size in HUD / lines of text are to close to each other  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Yarn

Re: Wrong font size in HUD / lines of text are to close to each other
Looks better. There's one more thing that I suggest doing: If a language entry lacks a special character index and no default is explicitly specified, then no special character index (not even 0) should be assigned for that language (in other words, it should be left alone). This will make fonts.tbl parsing more robust in case more language-specific parameters are added to that table in the future.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Another good point, the defaults in Lcl_builtin_languages should be left alone if no special character indexes are specified. I've updated the code again, how does it look now?
https://github.com/niffiwan/fs2open.github.com/compare/font-offsets
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Yarn

I'd put a continue statement in the if statement that checks the value of lang_idx. Other than that, it looks good.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Thanks for all your help with this - committed in r11151.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...