Author Topic: R1 By this summer?  (Read 26142 times)

Of course I know Europe isnt a country.Its a continent duhhh.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:10:51 pm by FreespacePilot2010 »

Offline Shade

Europe is a continent made up of many countrys that are on the surface of the planet Earth.Of course I know Europe isnt a country.

Then may I perhaps suggest you apply that knowledge when you post, rather than shoehorn all of Europe into one category and assume they all do things the same way, as you did in your previous post? You might know better, but you posted as if you didn't. And so I called you on it.

Also. Aside from the fact that you were contradicting a European on how things are done in Europe (which is... unwise. They live there, so they tend to know how things work at least for their own corner of the continent), generalisations are, as a rule, a bad idea. Especially in the area of punctuation :p Seriously. Scholars can spend months arguing over what's proper when it comes to that, and no consensus will be found.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Darn you.Why did you use my pre edited post?

Its just that all of Europe uses the metric system so I put 2 and 2 together and figured all European countries must use decimals.I also hope you dont use commas in the game when showing ship damage.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
We only accept probabilities out to six sigma. Because we are all six sigma blackbelt Vatican warlock assassins on the team.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Basically I got this from what everyone has said. Diaspora is just Like Duke Nukem Forever. Its a game ive been dying for and its probably going to get released but were just not sure when.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:14:16 pm by FreespacePilot2010 »

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Basically I got this from what everyone has said. Diaspora is just Like Duke Nukem Forever. Its a game ive been dying for and its probably going to get released but were just not sure when.

We prefer to think of it as Half Life 2: Episode 3, actually. Way cooler. Besides, DNF actually has a (admittedly mobile) release date.

They've pushed DNF up to June.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Also, using periods for decimal places is more of an US system whereas commas are more often used in Europe. Since I'm not from the US or live there, I'm just fine with commas - FraktuRe and FreespacePilot, please keep your math Nazism confined to the US. :P

Pretty sure I'm not a bloody yank, I know how to spell colour.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline newman

going to get released but were just not sure when.

I just cut out your post to the relevant and correct bit. The above statement is 100% correct, and one we've been repeatedly saying since day 1 :)
The difference between us and DNF or any commercial game is the fact that we're 100% volunteer based free project. While paying fans might feel entitled to demand release dates, we on the other hand can't know our release date (and believe me we'd love to), nor would we really owe it to anyone even if we did (which, as I just stated, we don't). It'll be out when it's out. If it were just up to me we'd be out already - but that's not how it works, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:31:09 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
While paying fans might feel entitled to demand release dates

Does that mean if someone were to pay you (the team) some money we would get a release date?

Because I have an extra dollar around here somewhere.... (are dimes ok as payment?)

Europe is a continent made up of many countrys that are on the surface of the planet Earth.Of course I know Europe isnt a country.

Then may I perhaps suggest you apply that knowledge when you post, rather than shoehorn all of Europe into one category and assume they all do things the same way, as you did in your previous post? You might know better, but you posted as if you didn't. And so I called you on it.

Also. Aside from the fact that you were contradicting a European on how things are done in Europe (which is... unwise. They live there, so they tend to know how things work at least for their own corner of the continent), generalisations are, as a rule, a bad idea. Especially in the area of punctuation :p Seriously. Scholars can spend months arguing over what's proper when it comes to that, and no consensus will be found.
I needed a shoehorn when I toured Europe =P

Offline newman

Does that mean if someone were to pay you (the team) some money we would get a release date?
Because I have an extra dollar around here somewhere.... (are dimes ok as payment?)

:D How about this. Set us all up with ample office facilities, all the hardware that goes with it, adequate monthly pay, and all the other stuff that goes with it - retirement plan, health insurance, etc. Then find a way to make Universal sell us the BSG license rights and cover the expenses. Without this us receiving any sort of money would result in bad, bad things.
Do all that and you'll get your release date. For now though we're just a band of volunteers that work whenever they have time/feel like it. Pretty impossible to predict anything that way :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:58:23 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Ah, devs... :) Our patience with you is only exceeded by your patience with us!
<><

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
:D How about this. Set us all up with ample office facilities, all the hardware that goes with it, adequate monthly pay, and all the other stuff that goes with it - retirement plan, health insurance, etc.
Do all that and you'll get your release date. For now though we're just a band of volunteers that work whenever they have time/feel like it. Pretty impossible to predict anything that way :)

Very well since we last talked (about 6 hours ago) I managed to find a quarter in addition to my dollar o dimes. This brings my current capital for this venture to $1.25. With this I have started a company, and am proud to announce Drow Co. Since you will be getting in on the ground floor of this enterprise I am willing, and able, to offer an amazing salaried  Jr partner position of about 2,200 dollars a year, unluckily at this rate I will only be able to hire you for about 3 hours as that will use $0.75 dollars of my starting capital, and I need the other $0.50 for the stamps to send you the money.

However as a Jr. Partner in Drow Co. you will be entitled to stock options, which can be taken in place of payment. My accountant (the other guy in the grocery line) say "That is a crazy idea!" But you know how crazy ideas are often crazy enough to work! So I have taken the liberty of putting the $1.25 into the revenue of the company and then putting the company onto the stock exchange, with a Million shares. You will get 25% of these shares. This means your starting bonus will be $0.000005 which is admittedly not very much. Howevery we are a fast growing company. As I have stated in the last 6 hours I have increase our revenue 25% at this rate the company will be worth $536,870,912 by this time next month, and $134,217,728 of that will be yours. I believe that this is well worth it.

As far as offices go I can get you a corner office in a carboard box by the end of the week, this should provide adequate work space for a desk and chair, and since I will be connecting to your office (has a nice ring to it doesn't it?) to a local street light you can have all of the power that you want. As for hardware recently a local school upgraded to a new computer lab and is willing to give us all of their old computers, this means that you can have up to 20, relatively, new computers.

Healthcare at Drow Co. is second to none (well none is less than what we offer). Our medical is currently rather small, we practice preventative medicine so we can offer you a bar of soap and some running water courtesy of a local stream. There are many published studies about how clean hands reduce sick leave of employees, which means they are healthier. And so far not one employee has gotten sick, which I think speaks volumes about our healthcare plan. We also offer a dental package, what we do is if you have a problem with a tooth we find a piece of string a friendly looking door and we rip the problem right out!

Instead of retirement we offer company housing. By acquiring a few more cardboard boxes I have set up a small, 5 building, apartment complex in a local park. Your next door neighbor will be Carl. He is a bit of an odd man, what missing an eye and has multiple personality disorder, but he is very kind hearted according to the lady at the soup kitchen (where I picked him up). He does also have a bit of a temper and tends to stab things in his sleep. Still I feel that you will soon become best of friends. Also he is your landlord.

The only thing that my company does not provide is moving expenses. But I know that is but a paltry sum as compared to the one-hundred and thirty-four thousand dollars that you will be making next month. (see beginning of letter for details)

I expect to see your acceptance letter soon, and I know that you will be a great addition to the team.

~~Sincerely
CEO,
Master_Drow

Offline newman

As much as I just like, yes siree, even love those terms, you still haven't secured licensing rights from Universal, so I'm afraid we'll have to decline this undoubtedly fantastic offer. I'm afraid we'll have to stick with the original plan, which consisted of doing things when we can and beating anyone who asks for an ETA with a point-headed stick.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
This thread is full of win...

Offline Luis Dias

Since I'm not from the US or live there, I'm just fine with commas
Im 99.9% sure that they use decimals in Europe too.

I'll be damned. Man, you must come over here and tell each and every one of us portuguese that we are confusing commas for point....ahhhhh.... decimals?!?

Ahaha, the nerve of some people.

Offline Luis Dias

While paying fans might feel entitled to demand release dates

This is when I usually think that it would be great if I, or any other forum user, would win a lottery.

Of course, if one of us did, I'm also pretty sure that FS2 open would not be in their priority list of wild spending :lol:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, there most likely are people who, after winning a lottery, would buy the rights to FS2 from Interplay and givethem to  :v: so they could make FS3.  :)

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
As much as I just like, yes siree, even love those terms, you still haven't secured licensing rights from Universal, so I'm afraid we'll have to decline this undoubtedly fantastic offer. I'm afraid we'll have to stick with the original plan, which consisted of doing things when we can and beating anyone who asks for an ETA with a point-headed stick.

Perhaps I can negotiate a merger of some sorts with Universal. Or maybe I can make them a 25% share holder as well, after all there is a lot of projected money in my stock...