Poll

No poll at this time

A
0 (0%)
B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 8  (Read 16870 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 7
Yeah, Mission 1 was made for FSPort version 2, when we didn't have FS1 music working properly. It'll get an overhaul.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Just heard. 5 years old huh. Wow.

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
  • Current Project: Vasudan Imperium (\/) (;,;) (\/)
Just heard. 5 years old huh. Wow.
I wanted to create a campaign but didn't have any ideas, so I asked Galemp and he mentioned this. I looked at some old text files about the general storyline and talked to Galemp about it and this is what we got. It sorta sat there, I think it is because Galemp focused most of his attention to ST:R.
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
Re: RELEASE: The Great War - Vasudan Imperium Mission 8
Mission 8 is here! It is called Castle on the Sand, and it is a very impressive play. Next on the agenda: Fix mission 1.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Woops.. I never did play mission 7... now I've got 2 to play!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Have you given any thought to inflating the Vasudan fleet's available ship classes?  For example, the Aten's techroom description implies that there are additional Vasudan cruisers in existance.  Perhaps THIS one... though perhaps with a different name.  There's also an up-gunned Aten model that I have in my personal collection, mounting a pair of turrets on the tips of the booms, and another pair just above the engine exhaust.  Unfortunately, it appears to have been based on the original Aten model, so it lacks some hi-poly goodness.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Have you given any thought to inflating the Vasudan fleet's available ship classes?  For example, the Aten's techroom description implies that there are additional Vasudan cruisers in existance.  Perhaps THIS one... though perhaps with a different name.
IMO that doesn't really fit the aesthetic for the PVN. Post-Capella maybe, but not PVN.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Nah, we're gonna stick with what's already in FSPort. That included all the canon FS1-era ships and things like the Imhotep and Karnak.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just played 7 & 8.

Feedback.

Mission 7: It just felt like wave after wave of Shivans with little point but to just keep killing them... that may be what you were going for, but it felt really long. I don't have a solution or anything, just my thoughts.

Mission 8: I liked this rendition of the attack, Good work!  :yes: Though I was a *little bit* dissapointed that the Shivans weren't much more ferocious. I would have expected far more fighters, but I guess that could make this mission near unplayable. Again, just my thoughts..

Overall, enjoyable though.

Actually, I did learn 1 downside to this method of release.. I keep forgetting what happened in the mission prior. But that won't be a problem when they are packed into a campaign.

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
JMission 7: It just felt like wave after wave of Shivans with little point but to just keep killing them... that may be what you were going for, but it felt really long. I don't have a solution or anything, just my thoughts.
The original mission was just that, endless shivan fighters (and it was longer). We kept the same basic mission. Oh and you FS1 fans, pay attention to the names of the freighter(s).  ;)

Mission 8: I liked this rendition of the attack, Good work!  :yes: Though I was a *little bit* dissapointed that the Shivans weren't much more ferocious. I would have expected far more fighters, but I guess that could make this mission near unplayable. Again, just my thoughts..
Yes I wish there were more fighters as well, but I kept it to the original wing names and only 4 fighters per wing (28 fighters total). Also notice that the ships you are protecting pass right in front of the fighter bay, try defending them with a constant stream of fighters arriving within 300 meters of their target!

Actually, I did learn 1 downside to this method of release.. I keep forgetting what happened in the mission prior. But that won't be a problem when they are packed into a campaign.
Same here, but when I glance at a campaign overview excel sheet we have outlining what we are going to do I remember the mission in its entirety.

After *I* finish mission one all 8 missions will be packed into a demo campaign. (I know we said it would be mission 10, but we made some campaign changes. We put in something special and we don't want to give it away.)  ;7

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
We're still here!

Vasudan Imperium is chugging away in the background, we're revising the missions released so far and adding new goodies for the campaign. Among these goodies is WormSlayer's PVN HUD, formerly available from this thread.

Would anyone be interested in making a new Jump Node model based on that HUD? It won't be easy but it could be very interesting to try.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Cool!

This looks very promising!