Author Topic: Supreme Commander 2  (Read 19529 times)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I gotta agree. I really enjoyed DoW2, it's a very well constructed game. I didn't like the removal of base building but if you don't compare it to the original and treat it as a game in its own right, it's fantastic fun.

SupCom2 does seem very dumbed down. Graphically it seems smoother but the scale has completely reduced. I'm in two minds about it to be honest.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I never really saw the appeal of the scale of SupCom anyways, to be honest. If I wanted to be playing something where I stared at tiny radar blips moving around, I'd be playing Harpoon. It does that level of command in a much more interesting fashion.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That was one of the main draws for me. The idea of testing my management limits fighting a war one battle at a time but over several fronts. Having a main production base and keeping a steady supply of units to forward outposts, via troop dropship to hold the line.   Zooming out from a units eye view to an orbital view to see where my attention is lacking. All the while trying to press the advantage as my spy plane identifies a pair of hostile nuke silos. Alas I only have one anti nuke silo. . . .   
But that's because I upgraded my commander with a teleport and improved antimatter gun.

A surgical bomber strike removes the point defenses in place but the AAA shreds them in the process. I gate my commander commando in to detestate the nukes and a few power buildings in the process. 

As I charge my gate out back to friendly lines, an enemy counter-attack appears on my tier2 radar. I don't have time to cancel the jump and leg it. So I send in a flight of transports loaded with cheap expendable fodder.

They try in earnest to hold back the superior enemy force but it's obvious that it won't buy my the commander the jump time he needs. So I cancel the jump and load him onto a transport.

Fly fly fly! I yell as the remainder of my meagre army is wiped clean from the area of engagement.

An enemy engineer is already rebuilding the nuke I took out.

That doesn't matter though as the Atlantis surfaces behind the enemy commanders lines and an unbeatable onslaught, this far behind his defenses at least completely blanket his base in spread munitions. 

The enemy commander is now the one on the run.

Just one of many reasons to love it. SC2 is gonna be a bit reigned back. But i'll still enjoy it I know :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline mxlm

I gotta agree. I really enjoyed DoW2, it's a very well constructed game. I didn't like the removal of base building but if you don't compare it to the original and treat it as a game in its own right, it's fantastic fun.

So when does the automatch stop pitting you against people with hundreds more games than you? Because after the first five rounds put me against guys who were level 20s, I stopped playing online except for the last stand.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

It looks like the maps will be all flat like Demigod. Dang, one of my favorite parts was early gave, having a squad of lobos on either side of an important canyon, and having them shell anyone passing through, while the terrain kept them invulnerable.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline mxlm

FWIW, one of the guys at PC Gamer UK is flogging the notion that the full game is much superior to the demo pretty hard. He's gone some ways to restoring my 'omgday1' purchase desire.

Now, my laptop still won't be fixed by the release date, (**** you some more, Toshiba!) but if it were, there's a pretty good chance I'd go get SC2.

It's a slick, fast sport rather than a deep, slow simulation. The downside of this is a loss of scale, but the upside is that almost every match escalates to huge clashes of mega units and ridiculous strategies. Without full access to the tech trees, skirmish games or multiplayer, you can't really see this. But it is there, and I encourage waiting for the full thing - or at least our review - before you write it off.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

The game is currently unplayable with Steam pre-loads (I speak from experience  :( ) because the main application won't decrypt. Your laptop might make it in time after all.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Is every bloody game on the planet steam dependant now? :wtf:

I just want to buy a game from the shop, install it, then play the thing.

I'm seriously considering becoming primarily console focused again.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Yeah. really.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Steam lets you do this. You only need to decrypt if you preload, which can only be done if you order the game through Steam to begin with.

It's a great service. I buy most of my games through Steam these days and have no complaints.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Steam lets you do this. You only need to decrypt if you preload, which can only be done if you order the game through Steam to begin with.

It's a great service. I buy most of my games through Steam these days and have no complaints.

I like to purchase the physical media. It's just easier. The boxes are nice too :D   
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So, who's wife is illuminate gotten it?

A Feddie Story

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Getting the "real product" when you've paid for it is always a draw for me. It's one of the reasons I like to get physical copies of albums.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Getting the "real product" when you've paid for it is always a draw for me. It's one of the reasons I like to get physical copies of albums.

That and there's no DRM...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

False.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Very false.

It started with spore. . . Bloody spore.

Anyone got the full game yet? I'm a looking forward to getting add-ons via mission disk or gpg.net.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Wait is it out yet? i thought it was out on the 5th of march?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Wait is it out yet? i thought it was out on the 5th of march?

Out on steam.

A Feddie Story

False.

Bu... but... the salesclerk... said cds...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Many games that you purchase on CD or DVD-ROM will contain DRM.