Author Topic: Missing textures  (Read 1193 times)

Hi everyone

I must admit I'm a complete newbie to freespace.

Just downloaded and installed FS2  with the lastest 1.9a patch. However, when I use Direct3D I get missing textures. I tried FS2 as well as the FS1 port and in bothe games I sometimes get ships that are completly white.

The game seems to work fine with Glide but if I choose that option, everything is a bit darker and i get some weird purple rectangles during the cut scenes.

I have an ATI 9600XT running the latest ATI drivers.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

No one knows whe the ships show up without textures in them?

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
We need more information, are you using retail FS2 or Freespace Open?? What are your launcher settings, which launcher are you using, have you set up Freespace Open correctly, can you post us a shot of your Freespace folder so we can see if you have any files missing or if there are things in the correct places??

BTW

:welcome:

Yay first kill!!

Please fasten your seatbelts as we taxi away from the Acardia station, flame throwers are stowed under your seat, but have been filled with holy water as we alll out of napalm. If you see Carl, our resident Shivan, give him your lunch and back away slowly, he might decide not to eat you!

<Insert other stuff here about access to gun lockers and hyperintelligent shades os blue etc.>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:05:02 am by Wobble73 »
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Ok, I'll post some screen shots when I get home.

I'm using the Freespace version found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39499.0.html + the two patches on that same page.

Did not touch any settings in the luncher except for selecting Direct3D, 1024x768, and 32bit Depth.

Instalation went really smooth as well. No problems at all.

I've been involved with modding in F1 Challenege but I'm completly new to this game. Just need a bit of help getting started.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Don't use D3D. Use OpenGL.

Secondly check in your Freespace2\Mediavps folder for me. You should have mp-710_effects.vp and mp-710_models.vp not the two alphapatch.vp files. If you have those delete them (but not the mv_xxx.vp files) and replace them with the mp-710's from here.

In addition check in the launcher that the use jpg/tga textures option is on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I don't have alphapatch.vp but i do have mv_alphapatch.vp and in the mv_adveffects folder I have another file called mv_advalphapatch.vp

Should i delete those?

And do i also need the mp-710_adveffects.vp file?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:36:40 pm by Styphelus »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You want to get rid of the mv_alphapatch.vp and replace it with the mp-710s

mv_adveffects.vp is for high end PCs. If you have such a PC you're supposed to move it from the mv_adveffects folder into your main mediavps folder in order to activate it. If you haven't done this you have no need for the file designed to patch it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

the 1.9a incluides the pre-RC6, who has been given to fix the shield recharge problem, and only need the alpha patchs... no the mp-170 :S, they whould have not problems which that.

The 1.9b vercion already incluides the RC6 and mp-170 but I forgiben to make the installer to delete the alpha patchs :S, but personally I dint have any problems, i been playing for a week which RC6, alpha patchs and mp-170 whiout any problem or missing texture.

Thanks for all the help. I still get missing textures in D3D but I switched to glide and everything seems fine. I get some purple rectangles in the cut scenes but it's no big deal.

Everything seems to be working fine and I started playing the FS1 port and it's great.

However, I had trouble with the training missions and had to skip them all. Not sure if this is normal or not. Basically in the first mission, it teel me to press \ and go full speed and nothing happend after. Finally after a few tries I was able to complete it and go on to the second training session. Than it tells me to select weapons and I don't have any weapons available. So after that i skipped everything and went straight to the campaing and everything seems to be fine there.

Simply amazing. It doesn't even look like the same game at all.

Been involved with other mods for games like Baldur's Gate and F1 Challenge in the past and thought the improvements we were making were great but nothing compared to this.