Author Topic: need small info on acronyms for blue planet.  (Read 1965 times)

need small info on acronyms for blue planet.
Hey folks, I'm wrinting a fanfiction and I need to know what the hell Tev and the UeD faction names stand for in this awesome series.

Anyone know?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: need small info on acronyms for blue planet.
Tev is shorthand for gTVa, the Terran-Vasudan alliance. UED I believe is the United Earth Directorate.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
When they use the term "Tev" they often direct it towards the Terran-half of the GTVA (probably since that's the half they are at war with). UED is United Earth Destroyer.

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Various_Terms Although not many BP references here, it might help. Good luck with the fanfic!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The faction name is "UEF", short for "United Earth Federation". "UED", "UEFg" and "UEC" are prefixes for ships of the United Earth Navy; "UED" means "United Earth Destroyer", "UEFg" is "United Earth Frigate", "UEC" is "United Earth Cruiser".
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Awesome!  I had assumed Tev to be a slur for gtva pilots but then I saw the gtva get used in the next sentence. This makes more sense thank you guys for the clarity on the UEF as well.