Author Topic: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency  (Read 290986 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: RELEASE - The Procyon Insurgency
That probably is a bug.Like a Roach or a fly or a mosquito. :D
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Can someone please make a .fc2 file that lets me skip mission 13? It keeps crashing right at the end before I can jump out.

Where exactly is it crashing? If you're having trouble with the mission, reducing the difficulty level will make it much easier, but this certainly shouldn't be happening.

Which is why i decided to fly one :pimp:

So, question is now; Are the guys behind PI considering a sequel?

It's just me. You could say I'm considering it, but I don't really want to get started on anything unless I know I can commit enough time to see it to completion, which is looking unlikely at the moment.

The one mission i couldnt complete was the turrets mission against the saturn. Even though i took out 15, still said i failed.

You probably missed one somewhere that you thought you destroyed. I know the mission works fine in this respect. You get a message every time you get 5, 10, 15, etc.

I was originally planning to make an extra HUD gauge for that mission that would show exactly how many turret kills you racked up, but that required certain features of the scripting system that the 3.6.9 builds didn't support (and the HEAD builds that did support it had a lot of other bugs). I may be able to add that in an update when 3.6.10 comes out though.

Yer, the problem was the damn fighters kept coming after me. I loaded up a myrmidon with all the other ships with stillettos, but they kept hogging the support ship :ick:

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Can someone please make a .fc2 file that lets me skip mission 13? It keeps crashing right at the end before I can jump out.

Where exactly is it crashing? If you're having trouble with the mission, reducing the difficulty level will make it much easier, but this certainly shouldn't be happening.

It crashes a little bit after when the Anaxar blows up, and Command tells you to jump out.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

just fail/die/jump out early 5 times and it'll ask you if you want to skip

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Try playing it in a debug build. It may let you jump out properly there. It sounds like the same sort of random crash that someone else brought up a few pages ago. I don't really know why only a few people are encountering those, but they have something to do with the game rather than the campaign itself.

Since you've already seen everything in the mission though, the method Game_Master64 suggested would also work well.

Replacing the campaign or current mission files tends to cause pilot problems of its own and is usually not a good idea.

hey man, question, How did you do the whole score/ranking system through the campaign, where you get a tally at the end?

I got 30  ;)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Not bad. The score basically tallies up how many optional goals (secondary and bonus) you completed throughout the campaign, aside from some of the really trivial ones. You might have noticed the HUD showing a +1 or +2 when certain objectives were met. It indicates that you scored a point for that objective. There are 20 of them in total.

What's the record so far? Has anyone got close to 100? :p

There are a few small things I will be changing with this though. One or two objectives are too easy/hard for what they give you, and there also needs to be some way to measure the difficulty setting at which you're getting the points. This should be easy to incorporate in an update.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There's a bug in the scoring system, since I played through with the express purpose of getting every single point, on Medium.  (That's mainly why I was so tenacious in my review.)  I had to cheat on the mission where you destroy the turrets (but since I couldn't even get to 15, I figured that that mission deserved cheating on), but I managed to get every point.  However, the last mission said I only got a 72% or something. :doubt:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Weird. I got the exact same score on my last playthrough before the release, but I fixed something that I thought was causing it and didn't think much further about it. I will take a closer look. It is obviously working at lower numbers and must be running into a block at that point.

How exactly does the game do division when the result is not an integer? I'm guessing it just truncates or rounds the result to an integer, but am not sure.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It does standard C division, which I think uses truncation, not rounding.  But 20/20 is 1, so that shouldn't matter.

Don't worry. There's no such thing as the perfect pilot. ;)

Don't worry. There's no such thing as the perfect pilot. ;)

need i remind you? A1

He apparently hasn't seen Goob's "Bearbaiting" video....

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Lemme see.  Linky?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Search is A-1 SUPAR...

Meh. I accomplished all objectives in bearbaiting on hard difficulty.

In the words ( and accent) of sean connery, "I'm yet to be impressed boy!"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

You moron. Goober did it on Insane.

Do you want to be a big boy and search for the movie yourself or do you want me to do it for you?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Here.  Search is a pain in the butt.  No results found, because I searched "bearbaiting goober video", when, as we all should know, the correct search term was "bearbaiting video" (no, i didn't use quotes).

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

You moron. Goober did it on Insane.

Do you want to be a big boy and search for the movie yourself or do you want me to do it for you?

Interesting...Not sayin that any cheating is/was involved, but when you just look at the video, you can't really tell if the tables were altered for extra damage or something.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!