Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2668664 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Cool vic viper, andrew
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sneak WiH2 preview:

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

Very cool shot.... with the new tube light I suppose?
What's the left Hecate firing against? A Karuna? EDIT: Seems it is merely failing the shot against the Solaris.... /EDIT. Strange shot, seems as if the GBeam is passing through the Hecate itself.

And there's a company ship alongside that Hecate. Seems like a GTCv Diomedes, and is similar to the one down below. Both of them giving a blue beam against the Solaris.

It is apparently a trap being set up to the Solaris. Will it survive? Thats' the question.

EDIT: Oh I get it now, the beamz are trying to get the missiles. I'm such a slow guy.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
What's the left Hecate firing against? A Karuna? EDIT: Seems it is merely failing the shot against the Solaris.... /EDIT. Strange shot, seems as if the GBeam is passing through the Hecate itself.
Nope, TerSlash, firing from the side. Which is why it doesn't always hit its target.
And there's a company ship alongside that Hecate. Seems like a GTCv Diomedes, and is similar to the one down below. Both of them giving a blue beam against the Solaris.
Looks like a good old Deimos to me. The one on the bottom might be Diomedes though.
It is apparently a trap being set up to the Solaris. Will it survive? Thats' the question.
Looks more like an ambush against two helpless tevs desties to me. Those Hecates don't stand a bloody chance if they don't jump out soon.
EDIT: Oh I get it now, the beamz are trying to get the missiles. I'm such a slow guy.
Aren't big beams targetting bombs a bug that was fixed ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:45:10 pm by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Luis Dias

Math, the Deimos was obvious, I was looking a little to the right of the left Hecate. There's a Diomedes in there.

About the "big beams" targeting bombs being a bug, I thought only strange that occurred to the green one, but since the blue ones are TerSlash, that would be awkward too. The TerSlash being off could be the result of being slash, but I don't know wth the green one is missing its shot.

EDIT: and yeah, the Hecates are in trouble you're right. But you do have two Diomedes and a Deimos making the fight fairer.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You're right, I completely missed the second Diomedes next to the Deimos. My bad.

But, you know, it's physically impossible for the blue ones to be TerSlashes. TerSlashes are, green beams, and serve as battery weapons on the Deimos, Orion and Hecate, contrary to the TerSlashBlue that is, blue, and equipped on Diomedes.

That green beam you see is a TerSlash, firing from the side of the Hecate. And slash beams aren't known for their accuracy.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Luis Dias

Oh sorry I got my names confused up. I haven't fredded for a (good) while... I was cutting short the TerSlashBlue name into just TerSlash becauz I'm lazy just like that.

So my point was that TSB were "okay" in the shot, the missing one could be just the byproduct of it slashing the Solaris.

Nitpicking, but hey what can we do with such a lack of "leaks" =)

Offline Qent

Do you want them even bigger?
If it's not too much trouble. :)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I see a big gun was slapped on where the turret would be.
The insignias look good where they're placed.

Offline Kolgena

107th Ravens in a 'dusa? What? Edit: Never even realized that it was a nonstandard medusa :P

Also, where dem thrusters?

WiH2 screenshot looks sex. Amazing what proper light sorting and tube lights can do.

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
107th Ravens in a 'dusa? What? Edit: Never even realized that it was a nonstandard medusa :P

'Slaying Ravana' could have the player in a Medusa, though that's obviously a nebula mission, and not what's depicted here.

The new Medusa uses modeled thrusters(and mjn.mixael's improved thruster textures).

I also second how well the logo comes out on the glowy 'wing' patch.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Another video with the starfield used by Betrayal. :)

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Do you want them even bigger?
If it's not too much trouble. :)
Then I'll upload them with the resolution you want :D
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
So nice forum where from you can get lots of information over here.So you people need to know about this.Nice articles and information as well.
Don't quote the spam link. -- The E

What the hell?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:39:58 am by The E »
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Don't reply to spam. Just report it and move on.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
wat

WiH2 screenshot looks sex. Amazing what proper light sorting and tube lights can do.
It's just a test mission I put it in, insignia was already picked in the pilot manager. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
wat
The lighting royally messed with my eyes apparently. :nervous:
Derp derp derp.

Very cool shot.... with the new tube light I suppose?

If it's a trap for the Solaris, it's a pretty awful one. Neither Hecate is positioned to bring its main beam to bear. Looks more like that Tev carrier group was cruising along minding its own business when that Solaris jumped into the middle of them and started spamming torpedoes.

Which I suppose doesn't necessarily preclude it being a trap for the Solaris,  but if it is then it hasn't been sprung yet. :D

The more intriguing part of that picture: that doesn't look like the Sol starfield.

It probably hasn't been added to the mission yet and I'm reading way too much into it.

Offline Luis Dias

I have my FRED behaving stupidly. I can't make any ship use BEAMZ. Y U NO BEAMZ FFS!!

... so I can't test your theory of the SURPRISEMISSILERAPE by mr T.

One Deimos, two Diomedes and two Hecates seem a lot of targets for just one Solaris. TerSlashBlue by those two Diomedes still kick some ass.