Author Topic: More problems; help please!  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Rhainor

• Blargh.
More problems; help please!
Hi guys, I'm back.

After reinstalling Windows (for completely unrelated reasons), I've tried giving TBP another go, but I'm still having trouble.

Unlike the joystick issues I had last time, I'm now getting an "unable to save pilot profile" error when I start the game and try to create a profile.  "Retry" does nothing, "Ignore" causes the game to crash, and "quit game" quits the game but still throws an error dialog afterward.

Attached is a text file with the the output of the error dialog from clicking "quit game" when the in-game error occurred.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz quad-core CPU (w/ SSE2 support)
45GB free space on game drive.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: More problems; help please!
Could you run a debug build and post a log?

Offline Rhainor

• Blargh.
Sure.

This time I clicked "Ignore" instead of "Quit game", for reference.

The attached file is a combination of the error shown after the game crashed, and the contents of the debug log file itself.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Create a folder here C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\players\single called inferno
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:13:00 am by The_Force »
May the Force be with you

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Create a folder here C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\players\single called inferno

Partially wrong. Yes, creating a folder is necessary, but it needs to be in <Path to TBP>\data\. Not everyone has installed it to C:\Program Files\.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Also it's probably a good idea not to install under program files anymore so something like C:\games\TBP would be a better choice. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Rhainor

• Blargh.
Yeah, I have 4 internal (C:, D:, E:, and F:) and 1 external (G:) drives, with all my games installed to D:\Games\.

So, it was just because the game needed that subfolder, but couldn't create it?  Seems a bit silly, but okay.

Aaaand yep, that did the trick.  And the game is actually recognizing my joystick axis inputs this time, so the joystick should work properly.  ^_^

Thanks, guys!

Offline -Norbert-

You could try to give the game administrator rights, then it should be able to create folders just fine. Either rmc->start as administrator or check the corresponding flag under the compatibility tab.

Offline Rhainor

• Blargh.
Tried that, Norbert.  Didn't work.  Had to create the folder manually.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
It's a known bug with the engine itself.  It can't create the folder on some systems because the parent folder doesn't exist.  This should be solved once the new pilot code is in and inferno builds are phased out.  Until then the only solution is to create the directory manually. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras