Author Topic: Australian Bushfire Pics (Big file sizes, dial-up beware)  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Australian Bushfire Pics (Big file sizes, dial-up beware)
These are a bunch of scans I got out of the newspapers here. They can't accurately show the true scale and devastation of these fires, but they come close.

1800 homes destroyed, 7000 homeless.
181 people are confirmed dead, but it has the potential to go up to 300.

These first 2 pictures show the scale of the fires, you may want to look up a world map for comparison.

Extremely high temperatures.

High flames.

Scary stats. (Don't ask me what short and long distance spotting is, I dunno)

Towns razed.

Heroic firefighters.

New Aussie superstar

Wall of flames.

Devastation

Arsonists are gonna die, and "Looters will be shot on sight" is a sign common in many towns.

Burns victim.

This woman jumped out of her helicopter harness while being winched to safety to save her dog after it fell.

Politicians have feelings?  :wtf:

Time to  move.

More devastation...looks like a tornado went through... :|

Read the article on this one.

Massive towers of smoke.

Kinglake was one of the worst hit areas. It and Marysville clocked over a 100 kills together.

Searching for bodies.

Tragic story.

Town got nuked.

Elvis comes to the rescue.

Some vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3csGAD8nUs&feature=dir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xB92JYQED0&feature=channel

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:08:23 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline iamzack

Re: Australian Bushfire Pics (Big file sizes, dial-up beware)
This school computer does not want me looking at devastation while I am supposed to be working.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Dial up beware? Does anyone on this site still use dial up?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Unfortunately, they are out there, lurking in the corners...   >.>

Any other aussies up north wanna cover the floods? I don't have Queensland newspapers...

Methinks if we do get the the floods covered, a nice mod can put them in Announcements. After all, half my country is either underwater or on fire  :blah:, and that doesn't happen every day.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:00:25 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline iamzack

After all, half my country is either underwater or on fire  :blah:, and that doesn't happen every day.

I'm a bad person. That made me laugh.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
When Australia burned.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Yeah, that was in bad taste Miss Turambar. People will only put up with your 'lolrandom ^.^' so much.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."