Author Topic: Think EA will screw up spore?  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Think EA will screw up spore?
You know, I’ve been looking at movies and pictures for will Wright’s latest game, spore. From what I'm seeing, it's going to be released by EA. Seeing as how they screwed up the Battlefield franchise, what do you think will happen to Spore?
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Re: Think EA will screw up spore?
maxis tends to run things their own way, i suspect some EA product-placement might find its way into it somehow..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Exactly. Look what the Sims has done for EA.  If EA's smart, they'll let Maxis do whatever they want with Spore.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Actually, now it's called Coca Cola, in association with Texaco, presents:  Spore

Offline Roanoke

no doubt weith added EATraxorz

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Even EA would be hard pressed to push Maxis around, they know better than to strain relationships with their single biggest money-maker, I'm sure there's a lot of distritbutors around that would consider the cost of the rights to a Maxis game as worth every penny, purely by name alone.

That said, I am concerned about the longevity of the game. Like the Sims 2, it's fun and all, but even all the furniture packs etc still leave the game feeling a bit of a drag after a while. The Sims2 is great expandability-wise , but, when you get down to it, it's actually pretty limited playability wise. I just hope Spore doen't fall into the same 'dumb player' trap.

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Even EA would be hard pressed to push Maxis around, they know better than to strain relationships with their single biggest money-maker, I'm sure there's a lot of distritbutors around that would consider the cost of the rights to a Maxis game as worth every penny, purely by name alone.

That said, I am concerned about the longevity of the game. Like the Sims 2, it's fun and all, but even all the furniture packs etc still leave the game feeling a bit of a drag after a while. The Sims2 is great expandability-wise , but, when you get down to it, it's actually pretty limited playability wise. I just hope Spore doen't fall into the same 'dumb player' trap.

Oh, come on, whoo-hooing can never get old... can it?

Sandbox mode looks interesting... and it'd be cool to make shivans.
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline At

• Eklektikon
And somehow, one always ends up being a lunch theif?
Does there exist a StarFox Mod?  Yes!  Check out Shadows of Lylat!

That thing…its just too persistant.

Sadhal thought to himself in between his pants. After a few seconds, his breathing came under control, and the pain subsided. Sadhal couldn’t help but feel a significant amount of fear and apprehension.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

Oh, come on, whoo-hooing can never get old... can it?

Sandbox mode looks interesting... and it'd be cool to make shivans.

Hehehe, well, if Maxis ever get around to releasing the object importer, admittedly, I haven't checked the site for a while, I'll show an interest again. The thing is, part of Sims 2's attraction is to watch your Sims interact with the world around them. Or at least watch them run around in flames screaming...

I'm not going to commit myself too heavily, because I haven't played Spore, but my main concern is, whilst the ability to define a creatures walk from its structure is pretty amazing stuff in its own right, once you've seen one of your guys strolling around, that's seems to be about it, it turns into an RTS, admittedly, one with absolutely tons of content.

Personally, I'd have like to have seen a lot more focus on the planet you started on and the challenges faced there as you evolve further, maybe more based on resources etc, but then that's strictly personal bias, since I prefer Logistics type games to action ones ;)

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!

Hehehe, well, if Maxis ever get around to releasing the object importer, admittedly, I haven't checked the site for a while, I'll show an interest again. The thing is, part of Sims 2's attraction is to watch your Sims interact with the world around them. Or at least watch them run around in flames screaming...

I'm not going to commit myself too heavily, because I haven't played Spore, but my main concern is, whilst the ability to define a creatures walk from its structure is pretty amazing stuff in its own right, once you've seen one of your guys strolling around, that's seems to be about it, it turns into an RTS, admittedly, one with absolutely tons of content.

Personally, I'd have like to have seen a lot more focus on the planet you started on and the challenges faced there as you evolve further, maybe more based on resources etc, but then that's strictly personal bias, since I prefer Logistics type games to action ones ;)

Well, we've only seen a little bit of what spore is. It might be more in depth when fully released.