Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Between the Ashes

Can't complete Gerar's Judgement

(1/3) > >>

potterman28wxcv:
I'm currently having a lot of trouble completing Gerar's Judgement. I've tried a lot of different strats, both on Medium and on Very Easy, but there's nothing to do, there's just not enough firepower to take down the Cardinal before it jumps out. If the Trafalgar or the jammer ship don't get destroyed in the meantime..

I really feel like the balance is all over the place in this mission. My bomber has absurdly strong shields, in 10 minutes there are like 40 fighters that are launched from the Cardinal, when Gamma is ordered to take down the missile launchers it doesn't succeed so you have to take out those yourselves while being in inferiority numbers.. And your Alpha wingmen don't really contribute to the effort very much.

The icing of the cake is that the Engine subsystem of the Cardinal is hard-coded to stay at 33%. That's the most terrible mechanism I have ever seen. The Engine is hard enough to destroy as it is, it takes like approx. 20 tsunami bombs to take it down that's a lot. The least you could have done is to allow the player to disable the Cardinal.

This mission might be doable if I replace Medusas by Ursas, and carry Harbinger. But as it stands, I simply see no way out of it. I could suicide my way out of it but that would be a shame.

Is there anyone who managed to complete that mission? If so, what strat did you apply?

JSRNerdo:
Spoiler:You're not actually supposed to be able to kill the Cardinal

potterman28wxcv:

--- Quote from: JSRNerdo on December 19, 2017, 02:30:27 pm ---Spoiler:You're not actually supposed to be able to kill the Cardinal
--- End quote ---
Spoiler:Oh my god. You mean that instead of resetting when Cardinal jumps, I should have waited. Damn I feel stupid now. lol

Novachen:
Well, debriefing stages with recommendations are there for a reason...  :rolleyes:

For example, they give tips about, how to rethink a specific strategy. One of the prime freespace rules: Never end a mission, before you are told to do so  :D

mjn.mixael:
You get some serious promotion points for trying this hard though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version