Author Topic: Playing with a mouse - pitch & yaw  (Read 1624 times)

Playing with a mouse - pitch & yaw
Hey gang,

I just downloaded TBP, and look forward to hours of playing.

I have a question about playing with a mouse. In other space sims that I've played (Decent, Xwing/Tie Fighter, B5: I've Found Her), the mouse behaves similarly to a joystick -- you move the mouse to the left, and the ship turns left, and it keeps turning left until you return to the center.

With TBP, if I want to keep turning left, I need to keep moving the mouse to the left-- shrab, shrab, shrab over and over. It hurts my wrist.

Is there a feature to turn on this sort of pitch and yaw features? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

-= Giggles

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I'm afraid it's shrab, shrab, shrab for you...
At least it was in vanilla FS. Has this been suggested in the SCP? You should go to the source code project forums and talk to them...

I once had a little problem with my joystick and had to fly by mouse a while. It was little annoying, but I used the keyboard to manouver and mouse for precision aiming...
It still was hard as hell, for me anyways. I know some people prefer to use mouse, but I am a joystick man all the way. :D

BTW. Welcome to the community. I'm sure the beam is already being aimed at you... :nod:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Hmm... seems like there are now available people to take the gunnery seat... Very well, let me just put on my protective goggles...

I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Thanks for the info. I'm a newbie here and didn't know about the SCP. I only know about TBP :)

I'll ask over there.