Author Topic: Greetings, FreeSpace Lovers!!  (Read 2011 times)

Greetings, FreeSpace Lovers!!
Greetings, May I introduce myself,

My name will be Fusiondax and I am a 18 years old, male, College Student who lives in the French Province of Canada named Quebec. My first experience with FreeSpace was back in 2001. In 2000, my Father bought a new computer (Windows 98) that came with a demo of FreeSpace 2 (A demo with 9 missions + 6 tutorials, that's a rather big demo if you ask me). I guess I was too young to really care about it but the year after I started to play (well, I think I couldn't make it passed the first Level). SO I could say it was my first PC game ever... and I loved it!! The Graphics were good, the AIs are just brilliant, I couldn't understand English back then, so I was trying to mimic the pilot's lines (It just didn't make any sense at all). So my brother and I have been playing the game over and over, the same 9 first missions.

12 years later, My brother had access to a PayPal account and one of his first purchase was made on GOG.com buying the full Version of FreeSpace 2. At this time, he showed me that The Source Code has been released and I've seen for the first time this Web site, the Hard-Light Productions. After playing the full campaign, after all those years of playing the demo, I took a look at FRED2 and did a Mission. It's "functional" but there are some roughness here and there... if you know what I mean... The idea of actually being part of the Modding community was "A future that we can only dream of".

Well here I am, in that future, I only have 5 months of experience with Java, 3-4 years of experience in FanFiction writing, more or less 10 hours of experience of Voice acting, maybe half a month of experience with FRED2, but I am here so I can hopefully learn more about programming, learn more about FSO, about Hard-Light Production. I hope that This very text will be read by at least one person.

But anyway, hello modders, coders, artists of all kinds. It will be of my greatest pleasure to meet you!!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Greetings, FreeSpace Lovers!!
Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard lad :) Here is your mandatory welcome beam:
:welcome:

How do I reply to someone's reply?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

hover your mouse in the top right of the post and a "quote" option will light up, click on that and you will get an effect like this
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

hover your mouse in the top right of the post and a "quote" option will light up, click on that and you will get an effect like this

Well, that's quite handy, Thanks.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
no problem :-)
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art