Author Topic: cooooool  (Read 3261 times)

Offline JC128

I have never played any of the Wing Commander games, but I have always heard alot about them this looks like a sweet mod. Can't wait to play :nod:
Veni Vidi Vici

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Well it is a sweet mod ^__^

I have testplayed it allready and its great to be back into Wing Commander.

For everyone who dosn't know it...it would be some quite new experiance, because it plays itself quite different from Freespace.
Wish I could change the FS AI to the better WC AI...but there are still some things we can't do.
But even without it, it comes quite close to what Wing Commander was and now we have also some better graphics than the original ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Lynx

Welcome to the world of Wing Commander and meet the Kilrathi, the coolest bad guys in the Universe (that is, if you like aliens that look like 2,5m tall bipedal lions;)  )
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline JC128

hehe sounds like fun =) hurry up and gimme a copy :p
Veni Vidi Vici

Not to mention that FS2 was inspired by WC.

I am waiting for the day that I can RE-PLAY WC1+WC2 on FS2.

It will be like a full circle, like the children outgrowing the parents.

ANd looking at the graphics, it will be worth it!!!!
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by GT-Keravnos
Not to mention that FS2 was inspired by WC.

I am waiting for the day that I can RE-PLAY WC1+WC2 on FS2.

It will be like a full circle, like the children outgrowing the parents.

ANd looking at the graphics, it will be worth it!!!!

I can assure oyu it will :D Just take a look into screenshots release thread ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline JC128

Anyone know if the old wing commander games are open source or available for free (legal) download anywhere? id really like to play them
Veni Vidi Vici

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Lynx

For those of you who have never played WC and never heard of the Kilrathi, here's how the collest bad guys in the universe look :D :

The Kilrathi Emperor

On the left, Prince Thrakhat; his aide Melek is the right one with the orange coat.

The Kilrathi are a race of feline predators which evolved on Kilrah. Due to their agressiveness, their history is full of bloody civil wars between the clans that make any war on Earth pale by comparison. At the dawn of their atomical age, the Utara came in peace and gave them Spaceflight; the Kilrathi slaughtered them in turn. Now that they had interstellar spaceflight, they could turn their attention to the stars. They won all the wars with other races until they met the Terran Confederation. The war lasted for more than 30 years, the borders barely barely shifing after their first gains. However, in 2668, Prince Tharakhat fooled the Confederation into a fake armistice, and then started a full assault on Earth itself with a secretly constructed fleet of supercarriers. On their way to Earth, the Kilrathi bombarded several worlds with Strontium clad thermonukes, wiping all forms of life out of them. The final assault on Earth was beaten back under horrendous losses; this was the turning point in the war. Several months later the Confederation was on the verge of total defeat. In a desperate attempt, and experimantal planetbusting bomb was dropped onto Kilrah, killing the Emperor and his subjects, tearing the planet apart. The surviving kilrathi werte hopelessy demoralized and sued for peace, a concept alien to them until this moment of utter defeat. The truth however, is different. There are plenty of independent warlords survivng on the colony worlds, trying to build up their own empires, raiding human border colonies at will, or simply going pirate...
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Bah, the WC1/2 Kilrathi were much better. The WC3 Kilrathi look like a cross between a Narn and a Wookiee.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Well I like the WC3 Kilrathi...beside that the WC1+2 looking like them..but are just drawn.
The worst Kilrathi I have encounterd where these ugly WC Movie Kilrathi.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline Lynx

The WC2 Kilrathi looked good, but the WC3 ones looked most scary. Allthough it'd good if they kept it like in WC1 where they always wore those metal suits, you never knew if they were furry or not.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Well in from what I remeber they looked furry enough for me.