Author Topic: Jutland class fleet attack carrier  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Lynx

Jutland class fleet attack carrier
Here's our Juland fleet attack carrier. This is no l33t fanboy ship(other than thats a spaceship fighting evil aliens) that we pulled out of our collective asses, it originates from the WC canon, where this class has been mentioned several times but was never depicted. This is just our interpretation of how it could look like, but that should work until Origin decides to make another WC game and give us an official model of it.:p

Credits go to psych for gathering all the information about it, providing guidlines and the concept art. The model and the texture job are part of my crimes.;)

Length is still being debated but it's around 750-800 meter range. Armament is the modernized “WC3” loadout: 2 Anti-Matter Turrets, 2 IFF Missile Turrets, and 10 Laser Turrets. Its original trio of flak cannons were replaced by missile turrets and lasers. Complement is 90 aircraft.

Some minor things like texture details maybe gonna be changed during conversion, but it's almost combat ready.

And yes, before someone states the obvious. We know it doesn't have turrets yet. They are gonna be added by someone else.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 11:50:18 am by 1264 »
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Wow.  Not sure if I can properly articulate a response or my reaction to the design but I'll try.

When I first saw it, I saw the Victory design element to it (the bridge, the launch bay).  Then I realized that it looked alot like the Concordia.  The striking resemblance to both of these vessels is unbelievable - the fact that you guys were able to almost perfectly blend the two together is truly impressive.

Well done!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 08:00:53 pm by 18 »
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
simply unbelievable what you have done during the last week.

Great job. I hope that we can talk via icq soon. I shoud be back in a couple of days.

Keep up the good work.

Regards Tolwyn
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Lynx

Wait until you see that baby shinemapped.;7
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Woo, cool. Never played Wing Commander, but that might convince me to start.... :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Originally posted by pyro-manic
Woo, cool. Never played Wing Commander, but that might convince me to start.... :)

Good god man!  Never played Wing Commander!  Yikes...see if you can find the WC4 and Prophecy demo's at the very least!  Its pre-FreeSpace but you'll see how heavily the two are related.
- IceFire

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
wow,very nice indeed:) :yes: :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Originally posted by IceFire

Good god man!  Never played Wing Commander!  Yikes...see if you can find the WC4 and Prophecy demo's at the very least!  Its pre-FreeSpace but you'll see how heavily the two are related.

Will do! :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by pyro-manic

Will do! :)

good decision :D

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Mh seams that we should post the pics at the HLP Mod forum part and not only here...there are not many people who look around here constantly.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Thinking I should try and get WC4 to run again or something.  That was a great game...not quite as long as WC3 if I remember correctly but still a good time.

Not sure if it'll accept my USB joystick.  That could be a problem.
- IceFire

Offline Lynx

Don' worry there's a Windows patch for WCIV. And even without it, you can play it in Windows, you'll just have to recalibrate the Joystick every time you start the game. I have not the location handy, but it's somehwere in the files section of  wcnews.com.

But if you own WinXP, the procedure to play it is as follwing:

1)Take your copy of WinXP
2)Kick it all the way down the road
3)If you are done with 2) turn around and kick it back to your house
4)Flush the remains down the toilet
5)install Windows 98
6)Play Wing Commander

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
why that? WC4 is working under WinXP. *proven fact*

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Yeah I'll have to try and get it working under XP.  I'm definately not going back to Win98...no thanks :D
- IceFire

Offline Mav

Saw this one on the news page yesterday.
It's really  awesome.  :shaking: :D
- It's my favourite WC capship design so far.

Talking about capships and books - will we include the Hakaga class at some time in the future?
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by IceFire
Yeah I'll have to try and get it working under XP.  I'm definately not going back to Win98...no thanks :D

or you could get yourself a nice program called Virtual PC and install Win98/Me on it. This way you can run older programs under WinXP

@Mav: Standoff mod will have the Hakaga, we'll have the Kilrathi Dreadnought.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Mav

Huh, and why not both? :confused:  Imagine a mixed fleet of them. :devil:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
each mod will have its own highlight

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I tried playing WC4 under winXP, last year. It's official, I can't play a game w/o 3d acceleration anymore, not even mipmapping, hargh!
SCREW CANON!