Author Topic: Wing Commander 3 on WinXP  (Read 2769 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Wing Commander 3 on WinXP
Any chances there?  I've got the original game as released in a DOS format...am I totally stuck there?  The other problem being that I have a USB joystick....obviously not going to be recognized.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
indeed it is a big problem. The only way I can help you there is uploading my WC3 Win 95 installation. You can use your old WC3 discs to play the game.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline haderak

The only reason why I cant play it on XP is because of my soud card wich causes the game to be umplayable (but run'able).

I can play it on my older celeron 333 wich I gave it over to my sister
No money, no wife no car... NO PROBLEMS!!!!

-Many have tryied...
-tryied and failed?
-They tried and died...

New E-mail: [email protected]

Offline Xers

Might I suggest VDMSound  and Abandon Loader  or maybe they'll have support for more of the WC games in future versions of DOSBox .

Though, I don't have the DOS versions of WC 1-4 anymore since I have WC: KS and WC4 DVD I haven't been able to try and run the DOS version with Abandon Loader.

And I have a USB joy also and the games or most I have played with Abandon Loader have detected it.

Was actually just playing the original X-Wing the other night with it . :D

Offline haderak

using my sisters celeron with win98 USB sticks were still usable, though not programable.
No money, no wife no car... NO PROBLEMS!!!!

-Many have tryied...
-tryied and failed?
-They tried and died...

New E-mail: [email protected]

Offline Bri_Dog

I used compatability mode for it. No problems at all.
Sig

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
It would have been nice for WC: KS to be released on DVD. (If it was, then I'll start looking for a DVD copy of it)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock