Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576625 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, it's to do with the network connection Hamachi set up, I've taken it down for now, wasn't intending to use Hamachi full-time anyway, it was just a quick way of testing a few things :)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Yup, it's to do with the network connection Hamachi set up, I've taken it down for now, wasn't intending to use Hamachi full-time anyway, it was just a quick way of testing a few things :)

But I was so excited to join you! D:
"No"

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Should be back up in a couple of days. not that anyone's mentioned the server's offline :P
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Should be back up in a couple of days. not that anyone's mentioned the server's offline :P

I noticed but didn't care too much. Everytime I tried to login when it was, I'd just get java errors
"No"

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

I noticed but didn't care too much. Everytime I tried to login when it was, I'd just get java errors
did you update to 1.3?
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

whatchu up to? :p

[edit] have you folks had problems actually connecting to my server recently?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, just wanted to see if the server would run ok with a few plugins, but before I get permissions set up and anti-griefing stuff installed, I was going to run it under Hamachi. It set up a new Network connection, but I think I botched it by closing the setup page by accident :)

Edit : I've tried creating a new zone via an uninstall/reinstall :

Name : Flipzone-1
PWord : hlp

IP : 5.111.182.61

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:23:02 pm by Flipside »

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i think you'd have better luck just forwarding port 25565 , make a temporary dyndns hostname and call it a day.

its how i've been running my server for a long time now. + a lovely CNAME redirect to have a nice address for the server instead of <blah>.dydns.org :p

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
i think you'd have better luck just forwarding port 25565 , make a temporary dyndns hostname and call it a day.

its how i've been running my server for a long time now. + a lovely CNAME redirect to have a nice address for the server instead of <blah>.dydns.org :p

dyn requires you sign up for a trial these days.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, I"ll probably do something like that in the end, at the moment I'm just trying things out, the computer that the server will eventually run on doesn't even work at the moment ;)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

dyn requires you sign up for a trial these days.
ah. well, there are alternatives, always.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Are you guys still going at it as to what is the mob you need to worry about?

In my case, it's not so much which mob I have to worry about so much as how the custom mapmaker uses them.  Stuff like blaze spawners placed beneath lava, ceiling spawners that drop creepers on your head, silverfish blocks keeping tunneling from being an option...

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Are you guys still going at it as to what is the mob you need to worry about?

In my case, it's not so much which mob I have to worry about so much as how the custom mapmaker uses them.  Stuff like blaze spawners placed beneath lava, ceiling spawners that drop creepers on your head, silverfish blocks keeping tunneling from being an option...

Nobody cares that you're a custom map person. Your experience in them has no application as the other person in the argument (hell, how it started to begin with) was in relation to normal, survival maps.

did you update to 1.3?

I did after I started experiencing the errors.

have you folks had problems actually connecting to my server recently?

Just a problem on my end that's been causing it.
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Nobody cares that you're a custom map person. Your experience in them has no application as the other person in the argument (hell, how it started to begin with) was in relation to normal, survival maps.

That was a little caustic, don't you think?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

That was a little caustic, don't you think?

You're absolutely right
It was a tad overboard, but you seemed to be inclined to repeat yourself about custom maps over and over and over again. Most people would have got it the first time, and the few that were left the second.
"No"

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken