Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3031037 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.
Congrats, Damage! Glad things are looking up

Just popping in here to say that I hope all are doing well. Take care and stay safe y'alls.
Read a lot of posts, some are really heart wrenching, I hope you all are better, and if not, I hope everything will be better real soon for all.

Later!
Requiescat in pace

The forum's alive again! Hurrah!

Coronavirus check-in: How's everybody doing?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Running a slight fever and my nose is going crazy.  It feels like a sinus infection more than anything else, but I'll see what my doctor wants me to do.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I've started a routine of jogging 3.44 km every Mon-Wed-Fri. This time, I'm determined to make sure this routine sticks.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Nobody around here stocks a 185/60/15 tire, because everyone's a big asshole who drives a big truck.  :mad:

Offline SL1

Mental state continues to get worse. Seriously considering hospitalization at this point.

Mental state continues to get worse. Seriously considering hospitalization at this point.

If you need it, do it. There's no shame in asking for help.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Turns out I had a smashed right tooth for several years and never noticed it. Got it fixed yesterday.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Just got tested a week ago. Results are again negative, thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Still have my job at the supermarket and they just increased my hours this week, so more money in the bank.

But FFS, it's exhausting constantly being on the front lines of the coronavirus where I have to take precautions against the risk of infection every day especially from dumbass customers who remove their masks to clarify things to me or just wear their masks wrong in the first place. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to tell customers to cover their noses with their masks.

Remember folks: wearing a face mask without covering your nose is like wearing a Speedo with your hammer hanging out the front. :ick:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

I think it is a bit worse than that.  One is embarrassing and very uncomfortable for the people around you.  The other is potentially lethal.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline SL1

Really screwed up this time. Had an appointment with a psychiatrist for tomorrow. I sent him the new patient paperwork this morning, but it turns out that he wanted it a week in advance and is now refusing to see me tomorrow. I have to reschedule with him or make an appointment with someone else. Meanwhile, my OCD is getting worse and worse every day and I don't know how much longer I can take it. This is making me want to just lay down and die. I feel like I should've just shot myself when I had the chance.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255.  They're available 24/7, confidential, and free.  Do call them if you are feeling at all suicidal.

The website also has tips for coping with emotional distress.  See here for a list of suggestions:
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/current-events/supporting-your-emotional-well-being-during-the-covid-19-outbreak/

You could also try the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990.

That's dickish of them tbh. I know that these services depend on the paperwork being in order, but, well, you're suffering from mental health issues. Stuff like this is just one of the symptoms.

I've been suicidal myself, I can say with hindsight that it's very good that I didn't off myself. All that tiny stuff, like shared moments with friends, or books read or films watched, tend to add up, in a "I'm glad I survived all that for this" kind of way. It does get better - and I realize that saying this doesn't really make what you're going through right now easier to bear. Just be aware that you're not the only one, and that a lot of people can empathize with you.

In addition to Goober's post, you can also try the Samaritans, who are active in the UK. Wikipedia has a global list.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Really screwed up this time. Had an appointment with a psychiatrist for tomorrow. I sent him the new patient paperwork this morning, but it turns out that he wanted it a week in advance and is now refusing to see me tomorrow. I have to reschedule with him or make an appointment with someone else. Meanwhile, my OCD is getting worse and worse every day and I don't know how much longer I can take it. This is making me want to just lay down and die. I feel like I should've just shot myself when I had the chance.

Dude, I've been near to where you are before....  Take any sense of detachment and funnel it into watching anything on YouTube for hours til you fall asleep.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I’m not sure that works for everyone Dekker. Hours at night on YouTube mostly just fueled my sense of self loathing.

Direct human interaction is best, and I think calling any of the aforementioned intervention services would be a good idea.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
There are people who care about you SL1, don't forget that.

If nothing else, at least remember that there are real people typing these posts and we want you to get better.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline SL1

I've been suicidal myself, I can say with hindsight that it's very good that I didn't off myself. All that tiny stuff, like shared moments with friends, or books read or films watched, tend to add up, in a "I'm glad I survived all that for this" kind of way.

I'm glad things turned out better for you. I just don't see that happening for me.

Dude, I've been near to where you are before....  Take any sense of detachment and funnel it into watching anything on YouTube for hours til you fall asleep.

The problem with doing something like that is that I've come to believe that I don't deserve distraction. I don't deserve to try to detach myself or try to make myself feel better, because that's "running from the harsh reality". Well, that and I just have a strong self-loathing in general. See, the thing about my OCD is that while it's functionally similar to germaphobic OCD, I'm not afraid of "contamination" in the sense that I'm worried I'll get sick. For me, it's that if I let things get contaminated, I'm a loser and a failure as a human being, and I deserve to suffer for it. That's also why I have so much trouble fighting the compulsions - because I think I'm a loser who doesn't deserve a break, so I don't have the right to, for example, tell myself things like "I don't care if there are bits of bodily fluids still left on my hands, I'm tired of washing" or "I don't care if maybe my hands accidentally got close to that dirty thing, I didn't mean to touch it, so I won't torture myself over it".

There are people who care about you SL1, don't forget that.

If nothing else, at least remember that there are real people typing these posts and we want you to get better.

I appreciate that. I really do. I know I'm not very active in this community, but I appreciate you guys being supportive. It's just that with the way things are now, every time I go to sleep, I hope I don't wake up.

I'm glad things turned out better for you. I just don't see that happening for me.

I didn't see that either when I was in your situation. It does get better.

Eugh, I know that one. It's hard to punch through the wall of self loathing, especially if you believe that you're not worth investing any time in. I'm not trying to diminish that what you're going through right now is unfairily hard.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:51:53 am by -Joshua- »

Offline SL1

Eugh, I know that one. It's hard to punch through the wall of self loathing, especially if you believe that you're not worth investing any time in. I'm not trying to diminish that what you're going through right now is unfairily hard.

I think the self-loathing is the biggest obstacle right now. Every time I try to stop myself from doing a compulsion, I run up against the self-loathing, and it asks me what makes me think I have the right to not suffer. Lately, it's also been giving me self-destructive urges. Like, I'm getting urges to deliberately contaminate everything and make myself suffer. It's like self-harm but mental.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:03:43 pm by SL1 »