Author Topic: Stuff that would never have made it in, if WC Saga was a retail game :)  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Mikes

Stuff that would never have made it in, if WC Saga was a retail game :)
Make sure to use spoiler tags! I'll start:

Spoiler:
346th Squadron: The Fighting Cocks
Motto: Bring it on, we'll keep coming!

Wingman (Avatarr) comment: "Oh... wow... that is wrong on so many levels".

LOL.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: Stuff that would never have made it in, if WC Saga was a retail game :)
I've been told that development versions of the game contained many more risque jokes, including a reference to "Wing Come At Her III: Heart of the Muff Diver".
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Mikes

Well I thought it was hilarious :P

Spoiler:
Even as I saw it the third time, because Stalker kept blowing me up hehe

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
That one caused a bit of a discussion back in 2007 or so, when we argued whether the players whose first language isn't English would get the joke. Some don't know the double meaning of cock and say "what? What kind of asshole came up with that squadron name??!!!"  At some point we feared that fans might find some things (including this one) inappropriate. This one stayed, partly because there are well-known real squadrons of that name. examples: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._43_Squadron_RAF   and  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/67th_Fighter_Squadron ) We guessed people would get the joke (or that the name itself is not meant that way).

Of course Avatarr WANTS to get it that way, and this is kind of a risque joke. But it fits becasue you can bet someone like Avatarr would react like that on this squadron name.
Judging from the tone of the answer I also guess that this is not their real motto (or it is not meant the way Avatarr reads it either).

EDIT: in WC3 there were also some real interesting innuendos when you listened at Rachel. I was shocked when I first played WC3 in English because most of those got steamrolled during translation. In English they were far more obvious.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:24:49 am by Aginor »
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I guess that IRL, those squadron nicknames also are a butt of jokes, this being the military and all. :)

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Let's put it that way: If you are in a bar and you see pilots of the 67th, don't laugh at their squadron name. You may end in the hospital.
On the other side: it is quite normal in the military to have not very flattering names, so whether it is personal names or squadron names I don't think they take those jokes too seriously. After 50-80 years of existence those jokes are also quite old already :D
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Let's put it that way: If you are in a bar and you see pilots of the 67th, don't laugh at their squadron name. You may end in the hospital.
Well, that's a given. Only 67th members are allowed to laugh at their squadron nickname. :) Besides, I don't think that most of those jokes put them in bad light, or so to speak.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Well, they're fighter pilots, so of course they're going to be a bit cocky...
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found