Author Topic: For Lord Dagon is Forever Reborn in the Waters of Oblivion...  (Read 13949 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Re: For Lord Dagon is Forever Reborn in the Waters of Oblivion...
The horse armor mod, IMO is a ripoff. However if the mods follow the pattern of the Orrey and Tower mods which offer voiced-overed quests, areas, and items they are worth it. (as 10-12 of those added together becomes an expansion set)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Besides, if that were true, why charge for the PC content?

Maybe I'm going crazy, but...circular logic?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Re: For Lord Dagon is Forever Reborn in the Waters
Not that I'm aware of.

Besides, if that were true, why charge for the PC content?

a) because they can
b) because they do for the 360 version.

Considering b).... the xbox360 version costs anywhere from £10 to £25 more than the PC version.  Granted, the 360 will run without needing a PC upgrade, but it does need a £300 console, and graphics alone aren't enough for justifying buying one of those..... anyways, they probably will make more per-sale from the more expensive 360 game, and the last thing they want is to give the cheaper version an advantage over the other.

Especially as they would probably have planned a fair number of these add ons; even if only about 6 or so were planned (which'd be less than the amount of free stuff for the prequel, IIRC), that's about a tenner on top of the regular game price, and if it were free on the PC...well, it'd be a saving of another £10 (NB: awareness of official plugins wouldn't entail awareness of the modding scene, which could be a factor you'd consider as a Pc but perhaps not 'generic platform' style gamer).  And if, like me, you didn't care all that much about graphics, then it'd be a bit of an easy decision to make.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
large scale content, i wouldn't mind paying for, but for a mod, that for all intensive purposes, is purely asthetic in reasoning, seems wrong. and given the problems i have seen some have with it (on the elder scrolls forums) it doesn't seem worth it.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com

"You can't ride that **** through Ironforge."

;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So that's why there's no world builder included!.... Heretics!!!!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
So that's why there's no world builder included!.... Heretics!!!!!

You mean this?

http://static.bethsoft.com/Oblivion-Const-Set.exe

:confused:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
oooOOoo saw it in action the other day, pretty. :)

Still, way to ****en expensive to get a 360. I can't believe a controller costs $80 and then you need to buy the cord for it as well at another $40? wtf.
Those ****ers can suck my dick. At that price I vow to never get a 360. I'd sooner steal one.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
oooOOoo saw it in action the other day, pretty. :)

Still, way to ****en expensive to get a 360. I can't believe a controller costs $80 and then you need to buy the cord for it as well at another $40? wtf.
Those ****ers can suck my dick. At that price I vow to never get a 360. I'd sooner steal one.

stick with the PC, way more free mods.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Inquisitor

nobody is holding a gun to your head saying "buy this."

Vote with your wallets and stop *****ing ;)

I ended up with the 360 version after screwing around for hours trying to eek out anything more than 25 fps. Got annoyed and saif **** it, my time is way more valuable than that. I am so done with INI and driver tweaks.

damn pretty game either way.
No signature.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
stick with the PC, way more free mods.

Yeah I was intending to.
But I liked the idea of playing GRAW and the like too. But no way am I paying that much for all that crap. It's ridiculous. Hence, Nintendo is my preference most likely, in the console arena anywho.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
The official excuse is since MS forces people to pay for Live 'content' downloads, they had to charge PC users to be 'fair' :doubt:

You are grossly misinformed.

I find it stupifying that people think this is because of Live. That's completely wrong. The publisher can distribute content both for a premium and free. Either way, it's their choice. For example, PGR3 will soon have a new car booster pack up on Live for free.

Sorry.

(to be fair, I think that's about US$5, which isn't as bad value as the horse armour)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

/vader

I was lied to!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The editor works...nice....
Now I only need to find out how to extract item models and icons, since apparently, I can't make new items without having those... Since the item editor asks for those two things by opening a browse window I can't simply use the ones from other items.... ugh...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
The editor works...nice....
Now I only need to find out how to extract item models and icons, since apparently, I can't make new items without having those... Since the item editor asks for those two things by opening a browse window I can't simply use the ones from other items.... ugh...

I'm not sure if this will help much but...
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Final Verdict:

The bad:  Leveling Scheme and leveled equipment and leveled enemies suck.  Attack magic is lacking in variety, and has graphical effects severly lacking.  Horses border on useless.

The good:  Mods can fix everything about the level approach, from the need to mathematically plan out levels to get max bonus to the screw over if you do quests too soon.  Dark Brotherhood quests especially, but actually most quests, are well done.  Melee combat is lively, and stealth is very well done.

The ugly:  The interface.  I really, really, REALLY hope the upcoming patch is doing something to de x-boxify the PC interface, and add in functions like the hold down shift to sell all at once and avoid annoying confirm messages, spell book spell deletion, more hotkeys, a way to bind the mousewheel to change through hotkeyed equipment, a way to bind keys directly to a page of the main menu screens instead of having to go quest screen->map all the time.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Final Verdict:

The bad:  Leveling Scheme and leveled equipment and leveled enemies suck.  Attack magic is lacking in variety, and has graphical effects severly lacking.  Horses border on useless.

The good:  Mods can fix everything about the level approach, from the need to mathematically plan out levels to get max bonus to the screw over if you do quests too soon.  Dark Brotherhood quests especially, but actually most quests, are well done.  Melee combat is lively, and stealth is very well done.

The ugly:  The interface.  I really, really, REALLY hope the upcoming patch is doing something to de x-boxify the PC interface, and add in functions like the hold down shift to sell all at once and avoid annoying confirm messages, spell book spell deletion, more hotkeys, a way to bind the mousewheel to change through hotkeyed equipment, a way to bind keys directly to a page of the main menu screens instead of having to go quest screen->map all the time.

As for binding keys for stuff like the map(if I am interpreting your post correctly), I believe the function keys are already bound for that. And I seriously doubt that the patch is going to deconsole-ify the menu. But we can always hope.

Can you point me to a good de-levelization mod, by any chance?
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

The function keys don't take you to exactly the map, for instance - they'll open one of the 4 main sections of the GUI, but not a particular subsection.  I'd really like a 'just show me the minimap, or the overworld map' key.  And while I'm not expecting too much, I really, really hope they at the least implement shift-click and ctrl-click functionality in the inventory and barter screens.   Constant confirmations just annoy me.

As for delevelization, I'm not at my own PC, so I don't have the exact names.  Which exact part do you want though?  If it's just spreading out the leveled mosters and equipment, I belive the one I use is "No obsolete equipment", which really just makes it so lower class weapons/monsters still show up.  It was enough for me.

If you want the one that changes the way you level, I'll have to look when I get home.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté

Can you point me to a good de-levelization mod, by any chance?

http://www.tessource.net/ if there is one, chances are, it's there, alternatively, play with the difficulty slider if you're getting your ass handed to you all the time as the enemies level like you do.
   //Warning\\