Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 279123 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Its working then, a lot of the higher end queue's are not exactly densely populated. It frequently puts me in 8v8 matches with the amagi because it cant find anyone else.
Also the whole ranked queue is pretty much dead at this point.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ranked battles were a hilariously bad idea to begin with, so I'm not terribly surprised. Tanks has never made its non-random modes work well either.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Melon

• Steam
It's like they were trying to get a semi-competitive game mode in, but basically made a clone of random battles with less ships and a ranking system that strangles the already sparsely populated queue for it.
The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Maybe it would have been better to implement historical battles, done right of course.
el hombre vicio...

Offline crizza

That battle netted me the Königsberg :D

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
That battle netted me the Königsberg :D

Explanation: kill four ships in a Japanese ship Tier IV or higher in one match, get to try out Königsberg.

Kill four ships in an American ship Tier IV or higher in one match, get to try out Ognevoi (the Russian tier VI DD).

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

All right... that... Ognevoi is also mine...

Offline Gray

Don't have them yet.  :blah:

While i usually don't have any probs getting 4 kills in a Kuma, New Mex, Cleve or some of the other ships, i can't seem to get them now.
Last few games, no matter what ships i play it's always 3 kills.
It's not that i wouldn't be able to as i did a lot of damage, the last game with New Mex would have scored me 7 kills and in the Kuma i did over 120k damage, but there are those little weasels that stay outside range as long the target has plenty of HP and when i shred the tagerts HP bar, they move in and do the last bit of damge required to get the kill.

Even though i haven't managed yet to get those new boats, i'm still kinda happy, as those last games where pretty much the best i had sofar - damage and xp wise.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
awwwww, they are not permanent?

I've been digging the Königsberg.
el hombre vicio...

Offline crizza

AFAIK the xp gained on both of them will be converted towards the T1 ships of their trees... so you'll need gold to convert... -.-

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

New Mexico is a beast.
The Colorado is s*** tough.

The grind to the Iowa is a long one.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Gray

New Mexico is a beast.
The Colorado is s*** tough.

The grind to the Iowa is a long one.

True, New Mexico is in fact a beast had awesome games with her and i got Ognevoi with her (5 kills could have been 8 but those lil' weasels...).

I don't get why people say that Colorado is a bad ship, it's not at least for me. I would go as far and say, she's better then the Nagato - judging by my results.
While she's lacking HP, she can dish out and **** up anyones day when played to her strength - which is brawling.
I had yesterday three games, where most BBs and CLs where Tier 8/9, and i managed to go toe to toe with a Iowa and a Baltimore and sink both.
Yeah, i had less then 200HP left afterwards but i could repair some of it and sink a North Carolina before get smashed by a second Iowa.
This ship is awesome and i'll continue to play her even after i get the NoCa.

Long Range sniping doesn't work very well however, not her strongsuit and most LR shots are spray and pray.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
This thing is a bunch of fun

The Dresden and Kolberg are fun shooty low tier cruisers.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Melon

• Steam
I've been having a good time in the Warspite since the patch hit, unfortunately, I'm just not winning many games - despite my best effort.

The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Nürnberg **** yeah...

11.1 rounds a minute with captains skills, she just flings sheets of 150mm 16.5km down range.  Just avoid BB AP rounds and keep those naval rifles humming.

I'll eventually push up to the Hipper I think, especially since the word in the pipe is she is getting a Prinz Eugen model update.  For now though I am satisfied with this lovely lady, I think I will concentrate on IJN CAs or DDs.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm feeling the brunt of the noobs attack, this game is going south pretty fast now it's out of beta.
Shame, I was really diggin' it... now I can't seem to get a frikking win, which just blows the game for me unfortunately.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Gray

It's not just the "noobs", it's the general lack of teamplay throughout all Tiers that's annoying me.
The noob influx with all it's consequences will get better when people learn how to play the ships ( German line in particular) and get used to the game mechanics, the high Tiers won't change anytime soon i'm afraid.
Too much long range sniping, everyone is "the chosen" one judging by their playstyle.

I played 10 games yesterday, of which only two were Victories. And six of these games were lost due to people ignoring the CAP and then with comments like "capping is for DDs, i go for the kill!" "...but they already capping and all it takes is a couple of shots to reset..." "shut up noob, we'll win". 45 secs later the defeat screen pops up.

I have some hope that the announced tutorials will help here somewhat, as there's supposed to be a 'tactical tutorial' too.
And WG should force all players to go through that tut.

Offline crizza

Those german cruisers :D
But I couldn't even make a dent into a Wyoming...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The Dresden and Kolberg are pretty fun and shooty but they just don't hit that hard.  Even hitting into the 100s they only net around 25K Damage.  I really didn't care for the Karl though, it seemed to have short reach and anemic guns without the speed to be dynamic enough to compensate.  I think HE in general is pretty poor in the German lines, so in Königsberg and Nürnberg I've been utilizing AP almost exclusively.  They are kinda fragile, but when you can play the shoot and stay ignored game they can really rack up the pain.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Early German cruisers are "small", not light, cruisers, and 4" gunned. They're just not going to hit very hard.

A Feddie Story