Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 279132 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Those 105mm are terrible and can't citadel hit anything worth a damn. Grinding through the Kolberg was about (but yet, not nearly) as bad as the Kawachi.
Koningberg beta testing was good fun though, so im trying to regain it.
Also, the introduction of the german cruisers really hilights how absurd the st louis really is.

I'm like 80% underway to the Izumo, here's hoping its not going to be Too bad...
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Melon

• Steam
I hated the Izumo back in CBT. I never found its armor to stop any rounds, it's not particularly mobile, and the guns are placed in a configuration that make your life miserable. There are not many ships that I will just write off as bad ships, but Izumo is one of them. It's quite ugly as well.

This is just my opinion, but I certainly hope she does better for you than she did for me.
The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Thats what I keep reading...
It's not making me hopeful. I'm hoping it'll at least be fun to have 10km range secondaries...
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Yea, the Königsberg is good for its Tier... if you using AP only.

Next stop - my hometown - Nürnberg! :D
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline crizza

A shame there is no Kassel-class around :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Glass armor and modules she may have, but this fair lady loves to throw 150mm downrange like sheets of rain.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
(Stock) Izumo is as bad as everyone says. What an incredible expensive piece of junk. I'm bleeding credits playing it and it's nearly impossible to achieve results with it. The fact that its slow big and fat and doesn't have AA that cant even stratch midway planes doesn't help either.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Myoko, best Tier VII IJN DD

Had to turn around assassinate a New Mex, New York and Hatsuharu in order to DeCap

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Would you pick the Myoko over the Aoba every time?
I'm in position to progress over to the Myoko, but I kinda love the Aoba.
I have a soft spot for the "underdogs", but if it is a super noticeable upgrade then...
el hombre vicio...

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
(Stock) Izumo is as bad as everyone says. What an incredible expensive piece of junk. I'm bleeding credits playing it and it's nearly impossible to achieve results with it. The fact that its slow big and fat and doesn't have AA that cant even stratch midway planes doesn't help either.

scratch Midway planes

Don't feel bad about THAT, the Skillway planes don't die until the Skillway player deliberately puts them into hostile AA cover after expending their ammo for the faster turn-around.

Absolutely ludicrous.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Would you pick the Myoko over the Aoba every time?
I'm in position to progress over to the Myoko, but I kinda love the Aoba.
I have a soft spot for the "underdogs", but if it is a super noticeable upgrade then...

Unless you are short harbor slots you could always hold onto the Aoba, you will want to keep some fun mid tiers for commander training and profit generation since the high tier economy is not going be printing credits.  If you can't then Myōkō represents substantial jump in capabilities over Aoba and will still generate good income.  Do you like the accurate, low arcing, hard hitting 203mm naval rifles on the Aoba?  Well sending ten rounds of 203mm down range is absolutely brutal, that much HE will do terrible things to battleships and her AP will completely wreck other CAs.  The turret arrangement can take a little getting used to at first since the third turret is rear facing.  Turning while engaging frontally can leave only the front two turrets in play, on the other hand maneuvers while engaging astern can keep the three stern turrets easily traversing.  Standard IJN CA rules obviously apply: stay angled, don't expose a flat broadside, avoid becoming the center of attention, etc.

Funny enough originally in CBT at Tier VIII she was kinda of meh.  Completely made of citadel and a dubious improvement in firepower over the Mogami.  After the armor/pen changes and the drop to VII she became extremely potent.  If you maintain angles properly and keep those 203s humming all match Myōkō will deliver, definitely one of the best ships in the range.

Plus she is a looker:

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well then I'll probably sell the Aoba and get the Myoko then, if I don't like it that much I can always go back I guess.
el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Minekaze Mayhem

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Finally got the one ship I'd been wanting since I heard about the game, the Admiral Hipper. Stupid sexy Germans.

The awful HE damage makes it dubiously effective at killing DDs, and 8" guns don't have the chops to engage BBs unless you're close enough to just say **** it and use torpedoes. Objectively, this shouldn't really be a great ship, but it absolutely ****s on other cruisers, even the higher-tiered IJN and USN cruisers, and looks incredibly stylish while doing it.

The (hilarious) problem I have is switching between German and Japanese cruisers, I get used to the massive torpedo firing arcs on the Germans, play a match in an IJN cruiser (only at Aoba at the moment), and forget that the IJN arcs are mostly sternward at the most inopportune moments.

We're supposedly getting German BBs, and Russian BBs/cruisers Q1 2016. Where the hell Wargaming is pulling all of these Russian ships from, besides the obvious, is beyond me, but some more diversity will be nice anyway.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There's actually a pretty good Russian pre-Revolution design history, though they still fly the flag of the Soviet Navy rather than the IRN. Russian dreadnoughts, at least the Black Sea Fleet ones, have a surprisingly good reputation and won their combat actions during the First World War with ease.

The high-tier ships are less well-founded, though there were detailed plans for them up to the early '50s.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Didn't they commission some design studies from the Italians in the interwar years?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Didn't they commission some design studies from the Italians in the interwar years?

Those too. There were several Littorio-like designs there.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
MY GOD.
I probably hate the Karlsruhe even more than I did the Kolberg.
If I didn't already know that the Konigsberg was worth it...
el hombre vicio...

Offline Axem

There there bro. It's okay, we here at the Karlstrudel Support Network know your pain. I just bought the B Hull and have 32 XP on it. 18k XP seems more like 180,000 at this point.

Offline Gray

The Konigsberg is a good ship, even with the permanent Module (Engine) damage.
Nurnberg however...holy ****ing jumping ****ball, What a awesome ship!

I also have the York now, not sure how to play her yet as she's more a fast BB (like Kongo) then a Cruiser.
The Guns pack quite a punch but turn painfully slow.