Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 279181 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
WG fixed an existing issue regarding ricochets off the top of Citadels counting as Citadel pens.  My understanding is that a lot of the balancing was based around the previous setup and now that large caliber naval rifles are no longer getting those extra citadels BBs are having a difficult time racking up damage.  WG does not want to roll back and reintroduce the bug but in the meantime as they address the new state of the game BBs in particular are having a un-fun time of it.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ahhhh... no wonder it's nearly impossible to get a citadel with my Kongo and Fuso as of late.
I felt a little cheated a few dozen times yesterday.
el hombre vicio...

There's also some sort of bug killing HE damage from certain ships using certain guns. I know the Mogami running 153mm is particularly badly hit, with on-target salvos sometimes doing literally 0 damage. Some other medium Cruisers as well.

I've noticed my games splitting into two player types: those who know about the bugs and adjust (abuse?) them, and those who don't. The latter's at a pretty severe disadvantage -- like most people playing BBs right now, or using HE on the Mogami. So I think I'm taking a short break until this is ironed out and playstyles return to normal.

On the bright side, Destroyers are almost totally unaffected by the problems, so torp away!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Get ready cause this ain't funny
My name's Myōkō Hull C And I'm about to get money.

Seriously this ship never fails to perform.  CBT Cleveland had a strong case for being the best CA at her tier (before they decided her shell arcs should be high enough you need to file a flight plan with the FAA), but post release?  Myōkō has to be a shoe in, she is a huntress with roughly the offensive potential of the following two tiers worth of IJN CAs and gets Tier VII match making.

Still grinding the Hatsuharu, she seems to be comfortably returning about 46K in damage a match.  Not particularly spectacular compared to Minekaze clubbing or the mayhem I could pull with Fubuki and Kagerō in CBT but enjoyable non the less.  Of course OpFor considering bumper-cars a suitable combat formation and a Tier IX Iowa that apparently couldn't shift gears out of reverse always helps: 

This game was hilarious, last ship on my team with a three quarter health Tirpitz and a Lex on OpFor.  Roll into the control zone and blapped the Tirpitz in the face with a full spread of fish, just scraped through his post mortem torpedo spread then managed to weave my way through the Lex's angry birds and win the cap.

Offline Gray

WG fixed an existing issue regarding ricochets off the top of Citadels counting as Citadel pens.  My understanding is that a lot of the balancing was based around the previous setup and now that large caliber naval rifles are no longer getting those extra citadels BBs are having a difficult time racking up damage.  WG does not want to roll back and reintroduce the bug but in the meantime as they address the new state of the game BBs in particular are having a un-fun time of it.

According to the DEVs, they fixed a bug with AP and armour layers which allowed lots of Citadels.
It seems, that one armour layer was ignored when calculating wheter or not a shell would penetrate.
With the fix, they introduced another bug, which rendered heavy shells unable to penetrate the citadel.

Basically, the smaller the caliber of a gun, the more Citas you get - if the shells hit at an low angle that is and tests by players showed that it was perfectly doable to achieve up to 5k damage per shell on a BB.
This means secondary range for DDs, but when you get close...oh boy, the HP bar of an BB melts like Icecream in an oven.
Several other bugs were introduced too, dispersion on BB guns, HE damage calculations aso.
That's why there are barely any BBs in the game.

Like the new Flooding mechanic though^^...was sailing yesterday in my Blyskawica and gunned down a Cleveland, an Mahan and fired a spread of Torps into an BB.
Over 40k flooding damage, he was put out of his misery by a teammate though.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The HE was reworked yes. I think you need to hit the structures or the deck in order to cause significant damage with it.
It's probably related to the introduction of German cruisers, they are basically AP spammers cause their HE is horrible. They probably wanted to accentuate it and ****ed some **** up.

For now, I'm just grinding my way to the Fubuki steadily, and yesterday sold the Fuso as I reached max xp and unlocked the Nagato.. which I'm not buying I must say. Will get the Myoko next thing, but these things are expensive!
el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Word on the forum vine is that they dropped a patch today that fixed the AP situation.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Two teams in a row that made me want to quit, then switched to Koni for this.

Koni feasts on low tier ca's.

el hombre vicio...

Seconding the AP fix, it seems to have gone a long way in making AP viable again. Citadel hits under the waterline weren't registering properly, now they are. I can speak personally to that effect because my Phoenix took a broadside for the team. On the bright side, the Phoenix is so long it works as a great bullet shield for cheeky destroyers.

StarSlayer, please tell me those are all abusing the 3x bonus, I don't think I can live in a world where someone can reliably break 7k on ordinary matches. You are a magician. Is that all coming from base capping and defense?

Offline Melon

• Steam
I had this match a few days ago in my Warspite.

I managed to briefly hold a place in the top 20 Warspite players on NA as well. :D
The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Kill stealer scumbag!!!

el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Nürnberg and Königsberg tend to do that too.  High RoF ships are especially adept at ninja'ing the kills since they just drum out a hit parade of shells.   :P

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Damn! I'm on fire today.

Aoba, RAMBO MODE ON:

I sent the replay file to jingles, might get lucky and get me some spotlight :D
el hombre vicio...

Offline Axem

Look ma, I'm the MVP.

So the DDs of your team rushed to cap while everyone was sailing happily along the opposite map border out of range to shoot anything? Never expected that to happen on Ocean ;)
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Gray

At least you shot down 4 planes, plus it was a decisive victory. :P

Offline Axem

Well it was a Zone map, with that giant huge cap point in the middle. A bunch of us got into the cap as soon as the timer started to count down, and I kept watching the capture progress to stop as soon as an enemy ship crossed into the zone but... it never happened. Neat to see what everyone gets as a "thanks for coming" XP reward.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
They buffed Cap XP last patch but apparently not for Zone?  Still its pretty derpy if OpFor seriously didn't contest at all.

They buffed Cap XP last patch but apparently not for Zone?
Did they? I didn't notice getting any reasonable amount of XP in the last few games where I played DD and capped stuff - then died anyway without hitting a single torpedo. Curse those speedboat BBs that can evade my spread even when fired from 2 km distance.

It seems odd that no one went into the big circle. Usually people seem to like going into it...
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Axem

I've found a good number of people like the skirt the outside edge of the zone, so they can hypothetically surround the ships the skirt just inside the zone with the ships that dive straight in the middle.

However that doesn't work if everyone stays outside...