Author Topic: Voiceacting for Echo Gate  (Read 9572 times)

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Re: Voiceacting for Echo Gate
You are actually quite right. Don't know where that came from.

Script has been fixed.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Blaise, I sent you my samples to your e-mail account but since I don't know what is filesize limit on Hotmail these days, I decided to upload 'em also to SendSpace.

Here is the download link for my samples. http://www.sendspace.com/file/d8uo01

Everyone else who are interested, feel free to give your opinions.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
uummmm, blaise, if you dont mind, i'll take the pearce and stratata, i'm recording em right now and i'll send you a PM with the links to the voices
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline neoterran

Blaise, if there is any part left, or you want to get another actor in, i know a girl who will do one of the parts and that might be nice to have a female voice out of all these guy voices.

Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ooh.  BR, don't forget about the Debriefing Persona Index option. :nod: You'd need Darkblade to record additional lines for rank.tbl and traitor.tbl though.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Blaise, if there is any part left, or you want to get another actor in, i know a girl who will do one of the parts and that might be nice to have a female voice out of all these guy voices.

That would be quite cool, actually. She can have either part remaining, though the Pearce/Stratata part may be better as less attention will be drawn to her being the only female voice in the campaign.

Ooh.  BR, don't forget about the Debriefing Persona Index option.  You'd need Darkblade to record additional lines for rank.tbl and traitor.tbl though.

Tempting, though I wouldn't want to impose further on Darkblade's time. It's a possibility.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
BR, did you get my PM's with the voices?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Tempting, though I wouldn't want to impose further on Darkblade's time. It's a possibility.

Well, I checked.  It's 14 additional files, which is significant, but not excessively so.  I guess it's up to him.

http://www.hard-light.net/staff/goober5000/debrief_special.txt

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Well, I'm going to record voices for Casualties of War 2 tomorrow so I could record those additional personas lines as well. It's really no trouble. :)

Blaise, I sent you eg_des.ogg to your e-mail address. Hope you received it. :)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Hey Blaise,

If you think you got a spot for me let me know (was Tom Faulkner) and I'll send you what ever lines you post as an audition.

l8tr!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

My apologies for taking so long, but here's my first go at the voices for the Minnow.  Unfortunately they're in .wav, pending minor changes you may want to make.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/stkoly
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
People ought to just bite the bullet and claim a character that's left.  BR listed them all on the front page.

I was going to do a part, but after becoming thoroughly embarrassed at my attempts to voice different characters, I figured discretion was the better part of valor. ;)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
OK I checked post 1 and chose GTC Tybalt.
Lines recorded in .ogg format and sent (alternate line for msg1 included if you like it).

Let me know if there are any probs...

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

If you need another American guy, then I'd lend my booming voice for your cause.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Would you like to do the PVFr Iskot and Theta 1? Only four lines, so it shouldn't take too much time.

If you want something more substantial, you can always pop on over to the Phantoms thread, where lots of parts are available.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Hey Blaise, I hope you got my voices for Echo Gate.  I'm still working on Phantoms, but I did get Echo's done.  If you need me to redo them let me know.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Hey Blaise, I hope you got my voices for Echo Gate.  I'm still working on Phantoms, but I did get Echo's done.  If you need me to redo them let me know.

I've just processed them and they're absolutely fine. Looking forward to the voices for Phantoms.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
as you requested, i'll take the Theta Freighter and Iskot lines. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Muh. I hate it whenever I get a sore throat like this. I was going to do the lines on Saturday, but as fate would have it my throat decided to konk out on me, taking my voice with it. My voice is better now, though. I wonder how it would sound if I did it now. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta