Author Topic: IL-2 Sturmovik  (Read 21118 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
My opinion is that the AI is even worse with fast jet fighters than propeller driven planes. It probably wasn't designed for the speed and handling of the jets.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

During the landing cycle in Cliffs of Dover, does the AI now restrain itself from making final approaches whilst there are other aircraft ahead that are either landing on or still on the runway? It's not a major problem, but it's one of those things that's been present in the IL-2 series for a long time, if not from the beginning. I also hope the AI has learnt to stop occasionally colliding with parked aircraft whilst taxiing, although I suppose accidents like that do happen in real life.

During the landing cycle in Cliffs of Dover, does the AI now restrain itself from making final approaches whilst there are other aircraft ahead that are either landing on or still on the runway? It's not a major problem, but it's one of those things that's been present in the IL-2 series for a long time, if not from the beginning. I also hope the AI has learnt to stop occasionally colliding with parked aircraft whilst taxiing, although I suppose accidents like that do happen in real life.

The most disastrous and deathly airplane accidents have happened whilst taxi-ing.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
The most disastrous and deathly airplane accidents have happened whilst taxi-ing.

*one of the most.

http://toolkit.bootsnall.com/transportation-travel-guide/air-travel-guide/ask-the-pilot-collection/ten-worst-airplane-crashes-in-history.html

1. March 27, 1977. Two Boeing 747s, operated by KLM and Pan Am, collide on a foggy runway at Tenerife, in Spain’s Canary Islands killing 583 people. The KLM jet departed without permission and struck the Pan Am jet as it taxied along the same runway. Confusion over instructions and a blockage of radio transmissions contributed to the crash.

Also, Herra Tohtori, considering the sim was in development for about 7-10 years (Duke Nukem Forever being developed for 13 before receiving it's release date), I don't really blame Ubisoft for closing off the money tap. A sim as detailed as this new one could be developed for 50 more years I'm sure, considering what it simulates; every aircraft's internal structure is actually modeled (there is a 3D model underneath the skin you see in the screenshots, which is used to compute damage values), bullet holes are dynamically calculated vs. actual bullet impacts (so you can see that lovely structure), I remember during development there was a video each devoted to truck suspension modeling and animated grass moving in the breeze.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:51:31 pm by Unknown Target »

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
True that... the modeling level is insane and apparently things like moving weather fronts are not yet in. The engine has some serious life in it... in 10 years I hope we'll have a fantastic and very high quality experience. For now, like most sims, it's a bit tough on the system requirements but it's slowly getting fixed.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Yes, I quite agree actually. Ubisoft does have an obligation to make profit for its shareholders, and there does come a point where shoveling money to an eternity project like this can't be sustained any more with visible results... This debacle can't be blamed solely on any single party, it's a big mess on all involved companies - Ubi, 1C and Maddox Games.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

I bought clodo 3 weeks ago but since i tryed it, i've not running it much, i got back to 1946 and the up2.01 and hsfx5.
I'm gonna wait and try again in 6/7 mounth, what is really blocking for me is the lack of force feedback support!
no force feed back in a ww2 sim is kinda meh! hell we're in the 21st century, unthinkable!
Anyway i'll give them time, and give my self time as i'm ruuning triplehead system, i have to change my graphic card ^^
 i'm getting more fun with 1946 and its amazing plane set!
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination