Author Topic: Portal on Steam for Free!!!  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Portal on Steam for Free!!!
The topic says it all.  Here's proof:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Portal on Steam for Free!!!
Awesome. Getting now :D
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
that looks difficult
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
It's available for Mac too ... and just as finals are rolling in... :blah:

I dunno.... I'm I think 15 of the 19 tutorial parts and I'm already starting to get bored with it.  :blah:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
This was a triumph.

Got it, played it through. Nice concept and game mechanic. Short, but I wouldn't have wanted it to be any longer.

Scooby_Doo, they aren't really tutorials, they are test chambers. After the test is over, there will be cake (and grief counseling). Just keep playing!
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I would get this in a heartbeat, except I can't remember my fecking secret question to recover my password nor my password, which sadly is the same on everything....
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I dunno.... I'm I think 15 of the 19 tutorial parts and I'm already starting to get bored with it.  :blah:

I thought it was a bit of a late bloomer myself, but it ultimately paid off pretty well. Stick with it.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Once you finish, check out some of the community maps. There are a lot of good ones out there. Some of the larger collections include the Portal: Flash Version Mappack and Portal Prelude. The latter is extremely difficult, though, so I recommend trying some other maps first in order to get up to speed.

there will be cake
The cake is a lie!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Once you finish, check out some of the community maps. There are a lot of good ones out there. Some of the larger collections include the Portal: Flash Version Mappack and Portal Prelude. The latter is extremely difficult, though, so I recommend trying some other maps first in order to get up to speed.

I would highly recommend never installing the rotting heap of rubbish that is Portal: Prelude.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Servers too busy atm, will try again later :)

Offline Kszyhu

Is it worth it (or even possible) to create Steam account only to download Portal?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Is it worth it (or even possible) to create Steam account only to download Portal?

Yes.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
It's available for Mac too ... and just as finals are rolling in... :blah:

Oh yeah... *downloads*
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I already got it with The Orange Box, but I think it's cool that they're giving it away like that. They sure know how to get people interested in the upcoming Portal 2.

And on the subject of The Orange Box, who here plays TF2? <_<

I dunno.... I'm I think 15 of the 19 tutorial parts and I'm already starting to get bored with it.  :blah:

I thought it was a bit of a late bloomer myself, but it ultimately paid off pretty well. Stick with it.

The ending part was decent.. once you get to the firepit... before that it was huge tutorial that went on far too long.

heck Hellgate was more interesting... and thats not saying much LOL
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:25:17 pm by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Wow.  Seriously guys?  The challenges aren't 'tutorial', they're the game.  If you're bored, you're probably just rushing through the puzzles.  Take the time to explore some of the levels, there's a few hidden places.  Try to find and enable all the radios (and decode the morse code if you're _really_ bored).  But especially, listen to the AI instructing you what's going on.  There's a lot of atmosphere to get engrossed in.  Try to hold off killing your pet cube as long as you can.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I do kinda wish you could turn on/off whether those stupid radios appear, though. That song gets old fast, and I don't always want to listen to it throughout the test chamber. :blah:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well you have to be within like 10 feet to hear it, so just walk by briskly :P
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays