Author Topic: I'm stuck between two joysticks. HELP PLEASE :)  (Read 18242 times)

Offline Davros

Re: I'm stuck between two joysticks. HELP PLEASE :)

I have that same joystick, but have not been able to use it because when Vista came out, Logitech said they couldn´t produce a driver.

force 3d vista drivers should work in win 7
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/486/2965?section=downloads&bit=&osid=13

unless you really mean the wingman force (aka force feedback joystick of the gods)

Offline WALLY

Thanks for the reply, no that is not the  same as mine, base is  smaller .  I will try  your link & get back to you, thanks.

That link did the trick, and yes my joystick is the same as shown in the link,   got straight into calibtration and all worked fine.
Thanks Again.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:00:53 am by WALLY »

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Quote from:  from thread title
I'm stuck between two joysticks.  HELP PLEASE :)

Sounds painful!!  :drevil:  :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline bmwbmc

Sounds painful!!  :drevil:  :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist!

LOL!!!

I recently bought the Trustmaster T.Flight Hotas X to play Freespace. I needed a joystick in a hurry and this was the only one available at the local level. It's my first joystick so don't have anything to compare it to, but after playing Fs1 on easy i was happy enough with it. I found the throttle lever useful too.
Now i'm halfway through ST:R on medium and i started looking at other options. Overall it's ok, gives you enough buttons to customize controls according to your needs BUT...because of it's size(if you keep the throttle part attached) and because you still need the keyboard you need a good bit of space. Also, in dogfights it's not accurate enough( i feel the need sometimes to grab the mouse to hit the target more efficiently).
Was looking at the Belkin's new gaming mouse (speed-pad), it has a left hand control pad with a mini joystick moved by your thumb but i doubt it gets any more accurate than the joystick i have at the mom.

If the problem is accuracy, max out the sensitivity, remove the spring, remove the deadzone in any place it might exist (drivers, freespace, etc).
Learn to play with it like that.

It'll take a little while to master but you will be far better than you were before.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
agree....I have an x65-f and i can say it was very difficult re-learn to use the jotstick due to force sensing technology...
First time it was strange, but with time i did practice and i cannot never go back.

so,joystick feedback is important,but the practice a lot more :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline bmwbmc

Last night i just increased the joystcik sensitivity to max from within the game and i kept the deadzone to min, i also turned the joystick resistance to min by unscrewing the cap on the bottom of the joystick base. And it's different all right, i just have to  practice now to get used to it.

Remove the self centring spring entirely if you're still not happy after you're used to it, it will improve it further.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

Offline bmwbmc

I see what you mean. It would make sense....i'll try it as soon as i can figure out why Abandon Hope is always crashing few minutes into it, but that's another story.
I'll post back after i have tried it for a while.

Download a new nightly, or the .14Release Candidate (just make sure you remember it's not the final .14) and that 'crash' should stop.

Offline bmwbmc

Not sure if this has been posted before (i did a quick search) so rather than starting a new thread i thought i'd post this here.

Has anyone seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFCRh-anfRg

It really looks amazing and i can't help but wonder what would be like sitting in it blasting shivans into the oblivion...
A shockwave from a capital ship could really spill your coffee in that thing, LOL.
Wonder what the price tag is, so that i know if Santa could afford to bring me one next December, he he.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Not sure if this has been posted before (i did a quick search) so rather than starting a new thread i thought i'd post this here.

Has anyone seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFCRh-anfRg

It really looks amazing and i can't help but wonder what would be like sitting in it blasting shivans into the oblivion...
A shockwave from a capital ship could really spill your coffee in that thing, LOL.
Wonder what the price tag is, so that i know if Santa could afford to bring me one next December, he he.

Thats cool and all, but this thread ended in November and this isn't even relevant. It really should have gotten its own thread.

I've used a few things like that (that look much less dangerous) in arcades, they are fun.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:32:16 pm by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them