Author Topic: From the Depths of the Blackness  (Read 3861 times)

Offline The SLOTH!

• Black Lancer
From the Depths of the Blackness
From the Depths of the Blackness,
I have come back- Not to plague, not to curse, but to help.

Wing Commander was a project I had wanted to work on for months and it showed; if it didn't someone deserves to be shot :P

As I see it you are head of the mods...
But one thing I have a request of....

Give me the ships, give me the technology- Let my previous dream of letting Wing Commander spread through an extreme story come back to life in my own creation.

All I ask is the ability to make this project just that much greater by inputting my FREDing skills and writing ability.

If you honor this desire, please e-mail me at:
[email protected]

Do this justice for me, and I'll surely work hard to deliver what the Wing Commander universe deserves...
Wing Commander in all its glory.

---------
It's great to be back.

The SLOTH!
"Everyone dies.  It’s the final and only lasting Justice. Evil exists; it is intelligence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, it is not evil, for evil requires intent. Should a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and requires Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist.  There is no greater good than Justice; and only if law serves Justice is it a good law. It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, for the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."
- Jaster Mereel -

"Let my soul drive my creativity; Let my heart pour forth in my work.  When you've seen the light, you've seen The Sloth."
- The Sloth -

"KISS IT!"
- The Sloth -

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Long time no see...................
Well we could always use some help, special FREDers when the story is finished and translated.
We have a FREDer allready, but I thing two can work faster then one.
About making your own story...well I thing at the moment you should work it out on paper, because we haven't finished everything needed for a complet campain....well at last we have quite a number of WC3 ships, but others are in work.
At the moment we are concentrating on the ships needed for our first campain....Battlegroup Serpent (name could change).
Its set during WC3. For more infos wait till our new page is up. I will tell Tolwyn to post a short summery about it.

Well if you like to work with use contact Tolwyn he is the Boss.
I'am just second in the rank ^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline The SLOTH!

• Black Lancer
Been a while Lars, good to see you.  I was more-so saying my own campaign- however, helping to work on the current one would be fine too.

I've been putting some extra practice in FRED to make sure I haven't lost my touch- doesn't seem like it.

Just to make sure I haven't, I'm making a sort of sample campaign to keep me occupied until my services here are needed.

The Sloth's around- why not use his help, no?

Later
"Everyone dies.  It’s the final and only lasting Justice. Evil exists; it is intelligence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, it is not evil, for evil requires intent. Should a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and requires Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist.  There is no greater good than Justice; and only if law serves Justice is it a good law. It is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, for the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."
- Jaster Mereel -

"Let my soul drive my creativity; Let my heart pour forth in my work.  When you've seen the light, you've seen The Sloth."
- The Sloth -

"KISS IT!"
- The Sloth -

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hey ho, SLOTH is back. Nice to see you again, lad.

As soon as Lars told me about you I've stopped doing everything and came to this forum. Of course you are welcome. Of course we'll give you technology. Of course we can use your help more than everything (well, just because we are in lack of FREDers). Of course... :D Well, you got the point. Well, let us make this in this way. I'll put you on the staff list, the question is, what is your ICQ number? As for your access to core files, music files, Developer Forum, write an email to: [email protected] or ask Lars. He knows as much as I (or perhaps more) and, besides, he is the second in rank :D
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
The only thing I know more then Tolwyn is the story, because I write it!
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline The SLOTH!

• Black Lancer
Well, looks like this team just got a new addition :thepimp:
- Jaster Mereel -

- The Sloth -

"KISS IT!"
- The Sloth -

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
lol, glad to hear that... I'll send all essential data to your mail.

Tolwyn out

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Just seeing you Logo under your name Sloth reminds me of 2 things....
1)
SA-> Shadowed Assassins...what happend to it? Have you ever found someone to texture the models?
2)
We also need a logo here.

Offline The SLOTH!

• Black Lancer
Actually that logo is for the Scrolls mod, hehe.

The Shadowed Assassins campaign lives on-  Ask Tolwyn about it, we've worked out an arrangement that I think you'd be most interested in.
- Jaster Mereel -

- The Sloth -

"KISS IT!"
- The Sloth -