Author Topic: VF-1 Valkyrie  (Read 35165 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Don't suppose you've any 1S shots lying around perchance?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:51:59 pm by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If you've interest in actually flying a VF-1, perhaps you should follow this thread:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=39455&st=30

I apologize for linking to another forum...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Elios

If you've interest in actually flying a VF-1, perhaps you should follow this thread:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=39455&st=30

I apologize for linking to another forum...
haha thats my thread :D but im in need of some help with textures atm and the 3d cockpit
friend of mine was helping with the mesh but he is busy atm so project is on hold but the VF-1 flys better then one would think

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Well, alright! Yourself along with Commander Zane make for two chaps I know on both the HLP and X-Plane.org!

More importantly,

It's good to have you on board... tell us what the problem is and someone will surely lend a hand.  ;)
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Elios

well i found some one that had modeled the cockpit at one point and they said i could use but im on my own to convert it
 but its in a very old format and im not that great at blender friend of mine was doing most of the mesh work wile i work on the flight model
both are pretty much done leaving texturing and cockpit

the plan is to have 2 skins one perfectly clean in the demo team colors and another with weathering

as far as the cockpit goes things i need help with canopy needs to be done and a glass texture added

long term at some point im going write a new FLCS for it that will work more like the F-35s as well as the space FLCS and add fastpacks and an OMS system

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
What file format is the cockpit? I might be able to help with inports/exports - I run AC3D, and thus I can help with these file formats:

http://www.inivis.com/features.html

Also, you might try contacting Brand if you'd like to try and use his model geometry. I'm not sure you'd want to do that, but it's just a suggestion.

Lastly, do you have any experience working with FreeSpace? There was a Macross Mod a while back - I'm sure RoboGetter G would be interested in a newer, better VF-1 to employ.  :nod:

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Elios

friend of mine help with model mesh so for the most part that is done and totally original
thats the one you see in the XP thread
the cockpit i was loaned as it were is in .cob
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:23:22 pm by Elios »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
.cob?  :ick:

Good Lord, I despise Truespace files utterly. However, I do have an importer for those wretched files for use with Blender, which I'll happily attach for you...

[attachment deleted by admin]

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Brand, should you care to, would you mind critiquing thier model geometry? I'm sure some detailed analysis of their aircraft would be appreciated.

:)

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Was that a hint? Yes they basically suck, but hey it's what's out there. Plus MP would probably be hurt if I didn't use the 12 or so models he made for me...

:D Kidding. Of course if Brandx0 ever takes that monster and turns it into a game mesh I would be thrilled.
But more importantly my efforts would be just that much less of an eyesore to Thaeris and the anti-LP ilk...

:drevil:

And speaking of higher poly works, it's not like I can plop my favorate FS2 YF-19 (I recovered) into a  Robotech mod.  :nervous: The damn franchise police would be out in force and the forums would riot all over the damn internetz.

Oh Noes!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
 :wtf:

I'm not sure what you're getting at there, Getter!

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Then consider yourself lucky, I won't go into detail about the 25+ year war between RT and Macross fans cause of Harmony Gold's stupidity of taking undue advantage of the legal system instead of making a partnership with the actual CREATORS of the source IP that would have benefited both greatly. (I blame mostly on the shoulders of one Frank Agarma)...

People like me who are fans of both franchises (American and Japanese) equally get caught in the crossfire and told we need to choose one side or the other otherwise our "fandom" is in question. I choose to give them all the finger!  :drevil:

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)