Author Topic: Freespace Open Trailer  (Read 50337 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Freespace Open Trailer
The audio was fine out of my speakers, I blame FRAPS.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
can you normalize the audio to like .. IDK 80% and re-up?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Won't work, the clipping's in the source from FRAPS. Also, it's not worth that much time to me.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Aside from the already-mentioned issues with brightness and sound, it's still pretty incredible to see everything going into FSU right now.  The Arcadia is gorgeous.

[dream] If by some offchance the Boadicea makes it into the next Media VPs package, we won't have any more huge and fugly retail models anymore (seriously, whenever I turn to face the Boadicea in that mission, it's glaringly obvious how clay-like and polygonal it is compared to the surrounding awesome-quality asteroids--nothing but a pipe dream for now, though!) [/dream]

EDIT: Also, dat shockwave.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Oh my God, seeing the Arcadia like that! :eek2: It felt like the first time I saw the Enterprise-D. Now it looks modern, stylish and powerful. That's the way an installation is supposed to look.

Now, if the Alliance would just upgrade its armor and armament... :lol:

so as the all the old assets get replaced would we eventually see the day where the retail assets are unnecessary? i guess there would be more than just models that would be needed to do that right?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
FSU's policy will to always require the retail data. We aren't in the business of replacing a valid FS2 install. Instead we highly encourage that you purchase a legit copy from gog.com if you haven't already.

FSU may replace most/all of the retail assets. We will not replace essential .tbl information, thus you will need an FS2 install... even in this hypothetical situation where FSU has replaced all of the retail assets. (That includes models, effects, interface, sounds, music, etc.... which is not likely).

I already bought it. what i meant(and made an epic fail at saying) was that would we see the day where the retail vp's are a formality.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, we will not see that day.

When and if FSU ever gets to a point where that might even be possible... we will still not include the necessary table data for the game to run.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
To be retail, the retail tables are necessary.  Since the only reason for including the retail tables seems to be avoiding purchasing the game, they won't be included.

Besides, you would still need the mission files, wouldn't you?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think all of the mission files are included in MV_Core, since they've had various tweaks applied to them, mostly in the realm of cosmetics like backgrounds.

I didn't mean to suggest that fsu should try and go stand alone its just that some may see having to buy the game as a barrier of entry to get into modding. but onthe flipside they could just mod one of the standalones like WCS or TBP so yeah I'm tired and derpy i guess just ignore me.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeah, right. 6$ to support the best game of all times is such a barrier to entry  :rolleyes:
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

yeah i already convinced myself that my train of thought is stupid but i guess if i said it out loud i deserve to be the village idiot for a bit

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
If $6 is too much:

a) Wait for a GOG sale
b) Pick it up in a bargain bin for about as much as a GOG sale
=
You pay about $3
If you can't get $3.... How are you on teh Internetz with a computer capable of running FSO in the first place?  Dude.  Take out someone's (not your parents, unless they are inclined to pay you for your chores) trash / mow their lawn, / shovel snow from their driveway for a week.  You'll end up with a lot more than $6 unless they are jackasses and pay you a dollar an hour.

If $6 is too much:

a) Wait for a GOG sale
b) Pick it up in a bargain bin for about as much as a GOG sale
=
You pay about $3
If you can't get $3.... How are you on teh Internetz with a computer capable of running FSO in the first place?  Dude.  Take out someone's (not your parents, unless they are inclined to pay you for your chores) trash / mow their lawn, / shovel snow from their driveway for a week.  You'll end up with a lot more than $6 unless they are jackasses and pay you a dollar an hour.
Well, in many places it's not so much the price, but the impossibility to pay it. Yes, I know, GOG.com is available in every country, but us "second-world" citizens don't have it so easy when it comes to acquiring an international credit card (or in some cases, any credit card whatsoever).

Also, just as a reminder: keep in mind that those US$6 you treat so unkindly, while they are cheap for you and (even for) me, are pretty much a whole day of food in many parts of the world.

But yeah, GOG.com rocks and their games are quite a bargain indeed.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
except they do paypal which works of wither card or bank account. 

tbh the only people who might have issues are those under the legal age to own a current account or equivalent because sometime convincing parents to buy computer games is not always easy lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

except they do paypal which works of wither card or bank account. 

tbh the only people who might have issues are those under the legal age to own a current account or equivalent because sometime convincing parents to buy computer games is not always easy lol
Many people in countries like Argentina lack bank accounts too. The economy here has SERIOUSLY recovered, but old habits die hard, so many workers don't have a bank account either because:

A) While they have a job, officially they don't. It's done that way so that the employers can evade taxes and neglect their obligations to their employees.
B) They have a formal job, but they'll be damned if they trust the banks again after what happened in December 2001.

You see, you have to live in places like these to understand why people are so averse to the banking system.

EDIT: added "either".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:21:26 am by el_magnifico »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Well it's not exactly our job to fix the economy, make banks trustable or change the way GoG take their payments anyway. We're just in the business of making cool mods here.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras