Author Topic: Freespace recording software  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Re: Freespace recording software
Well I'm just glad I was actually able to record and post my video

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
XFire for Recording (no limit or watermarks, runs pretty smooth - problem is that it takes ungodly amounts of hard disc space but what doesn't).
Adobe AfterEffects/Premier for editing etc.

It's what AndrewofDoom and I used to record/process clips for the DE opening(s).
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Another alternative for Screen Capture is DxTory as well.
But if you do not want to pay anything, then MSI Afterburner should your Tool of choice. Better than every other Freeware Capture Software.

Of course you have more Quality with FRAPS or DxTory, because both uses a lossless video codec.

I record commented gameplays over a year now, i use Fraps for record, TMPGEnc for edit and MeGUI for encoding.
But it is also possible to use a freeware editing program like Avidemux as well. (Only if you have anything, that needs editing, of couse.)
Freespace do not produce big files. A record of Freespace Ports Mission "Big Bang" needs only 240 MB on 2048x1152 after the encoding was finished. Codec is x264 on Constant Quality Factor 21.

If you do not mind, that the Commentary is german, you can see the video for an example of quality here.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:21:44 am by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele