Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237838 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just had a blast on the Skyland Pirates Server. It can get reaaaaaaally laggy sometimes, but being able to build giant wood+wool airships (if you can scrape enough wool together) is worth it. And all you need is a vanilla client. I'll be starting a faction on it soon enough, though I have no idea as to what to call it... :confused:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Are the teleporters user-specific or are they server-wide? Because if it's the latter, it will be hard to know what other markers people have used.

They are server wide, waypoints can not be duplicated (it will spit out an error).
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
And the island isn't very big, and there is another just north of spawn island. I would move to that one just to be nice, but someone has already started building there as well.

That would be moi. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Are the teleporters user-specific or are they server-wide? Because if it's the latter, it will be hard to know what other markers people have used.

They are server wide, waypoints can not be duplicated (it will spit out an error).

So I take it multiple teleporters can then go to the same waypoint?

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Dunno if anybody's mentioned this, so I will: It appears that  there are some bugs attached to lava buckets. I grab a lava source block just fine, but placed lava goes invisible after just a second. Then, attempting to grab a water source block seems to "rewind" the lava blocks grabbed: the bucket will be full of lava again and a source block will go missing once more. Removing the bucket from the inventory does nothing productive and only seems to aggravate the problem.

...I may not have described the issue very eloquently, but I think something's messed up.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

So I take it multiple teleporters can then go to the same waypoint?

Yes, you just have to input the correct block-code for each telepad.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

So I can't confirm for myself, as I haven't died, but some other people are saying that normal bed-functionality is not working. Ie, they set their home via use of a bed, proceed to get themselves killed, and instead of spawning at the bed they instead spawn at the server spawn point.

Is this intentional? Or is it a short-term thing that is going to be rectified?

The server does say "home set" when a bed is used, but, this apparently does not work in practice.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken