Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221419 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Reinstall FS2 from CDs. Download only the 2/22 build. NOTHING ELSE. Install OpenAL and new video card drivers. This shouldn't take long.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
entered the debugger and it says i need to upgrade opoenGL from version 1.1 to 1.2. How do i do that! Thanks for ur patience Cole ur a star  :yes:
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Download the latest video card drivers. Go to either ATi.com or NVidia.com .

If you don't know what card you have, get GPU-Z below.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/979/mirrors.php

Can you post your system specs?

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Here they are!!

AMD athalon
1.20Ghz
512MB Ram
Windows Xp Sp2
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX Graphics Card

Thanks again Cole!

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Update: We found a bunch of bugs so far tonight, so for now we're returning to 3.6.9 for the rest of the night so anyone with problems can still get a good night's play in.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
That's your problem, most likely. Your GPU is too old. If I am correct, 3.6.10 loses support for really old software.

Try this driver.

OK jedi, use 3.6.9.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Cole I cannot see you game.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I have to forward ports, I reset my router a few days ago.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Great game again, I hosted about an hour after CP and Shade left. Funny, I couldn't see some players at times. (Captain Custard)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Great game again, I hosted about an hour after CP and Shade left. Funny, I couldn't see some players at times. (Captain Custard)

i was hiding.......

forgot to say the first game we played was a shock to the system, playing with normal maps i had to respawn twice because i was so busy looking at the detail of the ship that was kicking my ass
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline feltoar

• Economical Gamer
Except for the lag (I relied entirely on missles) it was really good.

Offline captain-custard

mmmmm wtf , and i m probably in the wrong forum,............

ok here goes , my Fs worked fine all was well, but then...........

i played multi with 3.6.10 2/22 build,in game cp7650 reported a graphic bug ,  a slowing down of things, i didnt have this problem, i played with everything on and normal maps and mediavps, the3.6.10 ones, ( hang in there im getting to the point)

everything was great , played a few games in fs 3.6.10 then some in 3.6.9 all ok , no problems, turned my computer of and went to play a little single player with 3.6.10 2/22 then with 3.6.10 other one ,both with media vps on/off both with normal maps on/off, then with 3.6.9 old media vps and all have the same problem opening video slows down , bit like watching slide show then jumps forward , sound out of sink etc, any one else got this?,

system specs

xp professional  sp2
french

system version 5.1.2600

running on an acer 9410 laptop,

nvidia geoforce  7300

thanks , i would post in mantis but it still refuses to give me a password..........

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've got that problem with 3.6.10 on one PC but not with any other.  It's most likely that the drivers haven't been updated in quite awhile.  No problems with 3.6.9 though.  When was the last time you defragged?  Could there be something left over in the cache directory causing problems? 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

my fs folder automatically defrags, can i just empty my cache ? which drivers?; also it was working perfectly b4 playing last night, mmmmmmm im sure its got something to do with 3.6.10 2/22 or the 3.6.10 network ..........;  but then again im crap at computer stuff

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
my fs folder automatically defrags, can i just empty my cache ? which drivers?; also it was working perfectly b4 playing last night, mmmmmmm im sure its got something to do with 3.6.10 2/22 or the 3.6.10 network ..........;  but then again im crap at computer stuff
You're stoned drunk.

Offline captain-custard

You're stoned drunk.

ive got dirms gui to defrag fs as it works , i ask if i can empty the cache because maybe there is actually something of use in there

i say its something to do with 3.6.10/network or 3.6.10 /2/22 because everything was ok b4 hand,

and as for drunk i wish i was

and as for the computer stuff , that is so true except for little bits of confused knowledge

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well I believe the cache directory is just temporary info.  Just try renaming the directory just in case.  Then create an empty one.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

yeah i did that , no difference on opening cutscenes,  maybe the cutscene vp is corrupted, im going to go play a mission or 2  to see if the frame rate slows to a crawl, .... thanks

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Hi Guys,

Am scheduling / hosting a game Tue 9pm GMT if anyone is interested... captain custard, feltoar, death, cole anyone!!

We'll be running some gauntlets and doind some dogs!!

FLINT  :hopping:

Offline feltoar

• Economical Gamer
9pm doesnt really work for me. That equals 8am for me. If I know you guys are going to stay late (like last game) then Ill make the effort to come along. There is one right now however Im uploading a large ass podcast at the moment.