Author Topic: Campain: The Black Hand  (Read 10913 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Campain: The Black Hand
I want to announce that the work on my own campaign called "The Black Hand" has started...
I will post a notice when first mission are done and ready to be released....

Story:

- "This is the last entry to this log. And this is my confesion."
Words of a man regreting a lifetime of service to his superiors. This is the story of Maxilimian Locke and about the spirits which haut this man in every dark corner of the universe. -

Maximilian Locke, a former PSI Cop - now a hunted man, is looking back on his service to the PSI Corps. What does he know? What is it that he has to confess?
-Wait for a first release and find out....

Sources:
B5tech.com and Babylon 5 Season 1-5 (so don'T wonder if things don't get mentioned

I'm looking for:
- somebody to check missions on "what ever"

ps. my english might be bad ... please don't mind it
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 09:47:27 am by 3121 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Looks pretty good to me. :)

Good luck with the campaign.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Stuger

I can test any missions you throw at me :D

Offline Cavane

Likewise.  I'll test for you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
While you're waiting for Orph3u5 to get his missions ready how about doing some testing on Primus's FRED Academy mission for me.

The more people who playtest it the better :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cavane

Got a dreaded 404 when I clicked the download link.  But I know Primus, so I may be able to get the file directly from him.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 02:20:57 pm by 3019 »

Offline Stuger

Go to the end of the thread, there's a working link :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
A PSI Corps campaign. Intriguing. Too bad we don't have a PSI Corps mothership. Actually that's probably my bad. Since all it involves is sticking some silly prongs on the front of the Asimov.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

the psi-corps mothership won't be a problem.
In "The Coprs is the mother, the corps is the father" (Season 5) is said that the mothership never leaves hyperspace 'xpect for repairs

I'll have the PSI Cops shipped around by odinary EA ships going to the same way, they will launch from nearby bases or I'll make some tricks with the Asimov...
A "PSI Pariah" (hopefully spelled correctly) is planed .. but I'm still thinking about which class it will be...

ps. first mission is nearly completed... I'm thinking about how thing are going to be handeled (e.g. telephatic talk as medium to transfer cassfield infos)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 09:58:58 am by 3121 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

I've been developing a (non-canon) campaign, as I've posted previously on these forums, that deals with an escape of a blip from the psicore who gets caught up in escalating Drakh violence.

I've had a few ideas, and done a few things to do with the telepathic ability and was wondering what ideas you had in terms of what your implementing for your campaign.

Offline -Norbert-

You could add in a mission where you have to intercept a teep transport to the shadows like in "ship of tears" .... without the whitestar of course.

Oh and when will the campaign play?
It would be cool if it would start out before and end within or after the telepath war.

Offline 0rph3u5

@-norbert-:
I started the campaing timeline around 2253... It will end around 2262... (I don't want to go to far away from my sources)
it's planned to be the other way around... you will have insight inot the darkest corners of PSI Corps and it's dealings... contact ot the shadows is most likely but I don't want to tell much more

@Megadoomer:
well my protagonist will be a loyal psi cop (callsign "Gamma I") - but we will change his mind over the years of service -
I'm using telephatic abilities to transfer secret infos which might be too sensitive to send by radio or tom give additional infos on ships you just scanned - maybe a short piece of chat for it's brigde or the thoughts of it's captain
Other protagonists of the story will use their abilities for differnet purposes....  (e.g. P12 Sarah LaCroix (callsign "Gamma II" will be able to sense the feelings of an attacking raider wing....)
I'm still wondering if I should use ordinary messages or should try it with the training message-system, both got their advantages and their disadvantages
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 02:34:44 pm by 3121 »

==================

Offline -Norbert-

Remeber that most telepath need line of sight for their abilities to work.
So it would be unlikely that a teep could pick up the thoughts of the crew on the bridge. But you could let them sense emotions.
Only in Hyperspace Bester was able to locate the minds of the crew of the ship that carried his people.

May I suggest you use "Omega" callsigns, if possible - the impression I've got from the TV series is that Psi Corps only has the one fighter wing, and that's Black Omega...?

ShockWave

Yes... It was always Black Omega this and that! Even the sub-space station/ mother ship....

Offline 0rph3u5

yes they have only one squardon (squardons have more than one wing)
and the use of Omega-callsigns is possible with the Fred_open.... (using Editors| Mission Specs| Custon Wing Names)

BUT I stay with my "Gamma" 'cause I want more than one wing operatiing differnetly and have them differnt callsigns (There will be an Alpha, Beta, Omicron and many more wings in the campaing - these wing won't have greater numbers than 2 or 3)

==================

Offline -Norbert-

It also makes sense. In a fight it's more effective to send Alpha to intercept that ship than sens Omega 1, 2, 3 and 4.
If all precent fighters are meant, thats Omega, if only a wing is meant, they are called by their wing designation.

Offline 0rph3u5

FIRST MISSIONS READY TO BE SEND TO THE PUBLIC
The first missions (1-3) have reached something like an alpha-release stadium...
currently they are exclusively avalible after sending me a message via the board... ("my" server has currently a virus problem)...
I've made some test runs on them (the ones who propsed themselves as testers have not responed to my mails yet) and they should work fine (one bug is known but it's a system problem) - well, failure in a mission is yet not an option (either is impossible 'cause your flying the only mission critical or if mission criticals are down the mission will not go any further...)

Req:
- Babylon Project 3.2
- Raider Wars 2.0 or 2.01 (optional - taken some CB anims)

ast words of warning:
1. some periods are without any action (exspecially in Mission1)  don't get upset by this
2. there is yet no speech or any own CB anims ...
3. my english isn't the best - please don't mind it if things are spelled wrong...

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

ah...
when running a test I saw that there is a group of bugs in mission 2 of Campaing in alrready passed along... They can be repaired just by freding the mission and do these changes:

BH_02 "Pearl Divers"

1. Shuttle 1-3 (arrival SEXP)
or
-> is-disabled delay - "Astronaut III - 2 sec"
-> is-event-ture-delay - "change IFF" (must be replaced by "standing down"[the envent below that one])

effect: Shuttle 1-3 will not arrive once you attacked the Astronaut III. It'll now arrive when the ship is either disabled or surrenders.

2. event "powerdown"
when
-> and
--> is-disabled-delay - "Astronaut III - 0 sec"
-->not
----> event-true-delay - "change IFF"  (must be replaced by "standing down"[the envent below that
one])

effect: Will ensure that the Astronaut III will become a friendly once it's disabled and will deactivate the SEXP that makes the ship surrender.

3. event "d1"
when
-> or
--> event-ture-delay "powerdown - 0 sec"
--> event-true-delay - "change IFF"  (must be replaced by "standing down"[the envent below that one])

effect: directive "Stop the Astornaut III" will not turn positive if the ship changes IFF

4. mission specs
turn on "NO TRAITOR"

effect: Your wingmates will not turn agaist you once you destroy the "carogpod04"-subsystem of the Astronaut III - which is mission critical... Only destroy the subsys once you recived the order to!!! Otherwise events will be tiggered that should be tiggered later

reason for all this is that I rearenged the order of the events short time before packing up the release.
furhter releases will not have that poblem... hopefully

edit: Another change for the logic:
primary mission objective "1"
is-disabled-delay - "Astronaut III - 0 sec" (please replace this by:
or
-> is-event-true-delay "powerdown - 0 sec"
-> is-event-true-delay "standing down - 0 sec")
(just copy the conditional form event "d1" and paste it to primary mission objective "1")

effect: Mission Objective "1" will become true when directive "d1" does
you may also change the objective text from "Disable the Astronaut III" to "Stop the Astronaut III"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:30:46 am by 3121 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

SERVER SUPPORT FOR BH DEMO
As I rented webspace on a new server a  "The Black Hand" Demo will soon be avalible. The Demo consists of the three very first missions of the campaign. The versions were cleared of all bugs visible while playing as planed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:21:26 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================