Author Topic: ! - Solved issue - ! General Snyder in FH2259  (Read 6692 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
! - Solved issue - ! General Snyder in FH2259
I am in need of actors for a project far to big for my liking  :lol:
Click me!

There is a cameo of General Maxwell Synder, wouldn't it be great if the same actor would come back? Not to mention that there are so many other lines in need of voice-acting...

EDIT: Character is out.

:) Still gladly accepting more voice actors though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:02:49 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Call to however played General Snyder in RW and other voice actors!
You're stealing my characters as well now?  :eek2: Wouldn't it be polite to ask for permission before stealing my characters?  :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:15:34 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It's a simple question dude. Nothing sinister.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Much unlike a black teapot...

...Pretty much evil incarnate, there...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaa
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Urgh, passive aggressive much?

Cameo appearance by definition is something that usually doesn't have much of an impact to the story. It's a nod, a homage, usually out of respect for the original work, or sometimes a director of a movie makes a short appearance in their own movie (see Hitchcock and Tarantino for examples). I'm sure Vidmaster can make do without it if you seriously want that, but wouldn't it be better if you just told him not to?

Besides, it might even be covered by fair use. Who knows. :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah I'm pretty sure we could get away with an Obama cameo if we wanted to.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Obama cameo would be legal if done in parody, under US law.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It's a nod, a homage, usually out of respect

It's ok dude I don't expect respect when I come on this board. I'm under no illusions about the fact that most people on this board think I'm Satan. That aside I would obviously rather Vidmaster did not use my creations in his work. Of course Vidmaster will do it anyway  :lol:. Because he's *that* gangsta.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
It's ok dude I don't expect respect when I come on this board. I'm under no illusions about the fact that most people on this board think I'm Satan. That aside I would obviously rather Vidmaster did not use my creations in his work. Of course Vidmaster will do it anyway  :lol:. Because he's *that* gangsta.

No, you see, you baffle me. In fact I am more than a bit worried about your behaviour. Your behaviour is strange and creepy, and I would actually like to ask you if you have someone you could talk to about this in real life because your passive aggressive assault on the forum and it's administrators - especially Karajorma and others associated with The Babylon Project and related matters - suggests some kind of issues, but since I'm not exactly familiar with your normal behaviour, I can't be sure if it's just your normal personality or something more sinister.

So, yeah, I dunno. I hope you can resolve your issues since you are obviously not over the whole ****storm with TBP's updates. Take care.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Vidmaster

PEOPLE, stop it. This is a valid point.

That aside I would obviously rather Vidmaster did not use my creations in his work. Of course Vidmaster will do it anyway  :lol:. Because he's *that* gangsta.

Not exactly. This is a lot different than some past differences. I totally accept your claim on this character, so if you veto this super minor thing, it's okay with me. This is undeniably your character.
One thing however: The character of General Maxwell Snyder was part of Fortune Hunters 2259 when it was originally released two years ago and still is to this point. Nobody complained back then.  :confused:   It's a four dialogue line cameo.

What's it gonna be?

(not to mention that the voice actor has not posted something here and without him, I am going to rewrite the scene to remove this character, because a cameo is silly if it's another actor)

It's a nod, a homage, usually out of respect

It was back then and it still is. Raider Wars is a great campaign.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

I have to check out Fortune Hunters 2259.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
What's it gonna be?

Are you baiting me? My position has not changed. It's there in the archives. You know what it is and you know if I reiterate it the admins of this site will ban me instantly and with great pleasure. Let's not pretend this is an open forum ;).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:33:44 am by IPAndrews »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No we won't.

You're welcome to state you feel that he should remove the character and Vidmaster is welcome to tell you that since you didn't object two years ago, he's not going to. He's equally welcome to tell you that he'll change the mission to remove him and make sure a new version is distributed.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
And you're welcome to ignore my denial of permission for my work to be used in future releases as you did with Zatharas. It's down to your personal sense of honour and respect for other modders, and the precedent for that has been set already. Zatharas sits, full of my work, was released and sits on the TBP "official" downloads page  :drevil:. Really, as Vidmaster points out, this in the grand scheme of things this is a small and insignificant thing. Do what you want. Take what you want. That's what you're good at  :yes: I will not be significantly affected either way.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
i get bored of this pretty quickly , i dont want to flame anyone but if you have nothing positive to say then dont post ....
zathras may or may not contain your work this i can not say as nothing is signed or copyrighted within but i do know that zathras contains work that has been fixed , ie missed named lods, textures etc and other small corrections , so if it does contain your stuff then you should be glad that it has been repaired.  Zathras has also made multiplayer a lot more playable , fewer drops , crashes etc , and it is the ppl who invested in the zathras project that are keeping this alive...;

IP please TBP is the work of many ppl who gave there time etc , just because you have finished what you wished to do with it dont keep resurecting bad feelings , if you want to be constructive do so if not (with the greatest respect for what you and the TBP team did ) STFU!
 ;7
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well I dealt with "TBP must be fixed to work with multiplayer" last time. My comments are in the archives. They will stay there as a testimony to how futile it is talking to a room of people when the guys in front of you are humming with fingers in their ears and the two guys behind your back are both sharpening knives. As for offending you. Gee I'm sorry dude. I'd suggest you don't read this thread anymore. I mean nobody's actually forcing you. Maybe just read another thread. Rather than trying to stifle free speech by randomly telling people you disagree with to STFU?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy

Anyone?

Offline Vidmaster

Indeed. All the important subjects in this thread have been talked about. The character will be removed.

So far, nothing has gone out of hand. I am leaving the thread open in the hope that it stays that way.

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
These two Guys behind you, are more loyal to you, than you believe. All they do, they do only via the Zathras-Mod. They do not modify the Core-Files.
Does this play no role for you?

I was new on this forum, when you quit (or had to quit), so must say that I haven't read everything. So what's are your good reasons, to fix nothing? All I read this time was "We (I?) decited that it is finished" and that is no good reason. Thats only a reason why you do nothing more (and thats okay). So did the people realy had their fingers in the ears?
I dont know, so I have to ask.

And what happend to "This is from the Fans for the Fans"?

I know you have been the workhorse of TBP, you did the most work. In my eyes, you are not Satan. I do not forget, that without you, there would be no TBP. I thank you for that. I wish more people would do that. But this can not mean, that I want no more work, because you want no more work.