Author Topic: RELEASE: HTL package for TBP  (Read 28279 times)

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: RELEASE: HTL package for TBP
Construction complete, entering final testing phase... release imminent.

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That, Sir, is full of win. And I truly must emphasize WIN!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
BTW, I see you remodeled Venoms. Are you going to release them along with the Zephyr?
Also, how does new Venom 2 looks?

Offline den5

Looking great :yes: Little note. When the Raiders attacked the Enphili Homeworld we see that their fighters have  two slots for four missiles in each. And they located at the top of wings near cockpit.

For canon :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:19:19 am by den5 »

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
BTW, I see you remodeled Venoms. Are you going to release them along with the Zephyr?
Also, how does new Venom 2 looks?

Yep, he next release will contain the Zephyr and Venom 1/2 missiles

The basic idea is that both missiles use the same main body with different warheads. Venom 1 is the cluster bomb variant with the more cylinder-like warhead (red stripes), while the Venom 2 with its anti-subsystem warhead looks more like a shaped-charge (blue stripes).

@den5: I know, but external missile models are assigned per missile and not per ship, so one model (missile plus pylon) has to fit all fighters. Therefore I'm going with a setup that fits best to the Starfuries, so the Zephyr has to carry its Venoms under the wing as well.

If you need an in-universe explanation, one could argue that any missiles on the Zephyr were field modifications done with whatever parts were available at the time ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:26:13 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
shiny shiny, only 156 ships to go :-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
And it's done, first post updated.

Offline Slasher

Huge improvement and the missiles are a nice bonus.  :yes:

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
The new Omega is released, first post updated.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:19:39 pm by Col. Fishguts »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Holy thread necro update

pretty ships.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Holy testicle Tuesday! i thought this mod was no longer being worked on, Nice to see new Omegas :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Hi,

I know Babylon Project has been around for a long time, but for some odd reason I have never actually played it, even though I have played all kinds of Freespace mods over the years. So at last I decided to correct my mistake and give it a try. This is what I did:

- I downloaded and installed TBP 3.4b final into a new directory
- Downloaded and installed Campaign package 2.0 into this same directory (adding also Drums of war 3, new "Operations" and Fortune Hunters 3 (or whatever it's called XD)
- Downloaded and installed Zathras 2.8 into its own subdirectory
- Downloaded and installed HTLpackage into its own subdirectory
- Downloaded and replaced the main FSO executable (with a newest nightly) and the launcher 5.5b (with a newer 5.5g)
- Set up some basic parameters and mod selections (HTL primary, Zathras secondary)
- Tried to run the game
- Got 34 errors, weapons.tbl mentioned at least the three first times.

From the end of the debug log:

Code: [Select]
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 1
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'slasher-mus.tbm' ...
TABLES => Unable to find 'colors.tbl'. Initialising colors with default values.
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 29 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 40 frames at 21 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 51 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 71 frames at 23 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Shockwave01.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Shockwave02.eff) with 146 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Shockwave03.eff) with 51 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Shockwave04.eff) with 51 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Disruptor_Impact.eff) with 6 frames at 25 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particleexp01.eff) with 21 frames at 20 fps.
weapons.tbl(line 7545): Error: Missing required token: [+Bitmap:]. Found [$Icon: iconTempest] instead.

ERROR: weapons.tbl(line 7545):
Error: Missing required token: [+Bitmap:]. Found [$Icon: iconTempest] instead.

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 333
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_0\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1253

And here is the whole log.

What did I do wrong? =/

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Offhand I'd say you've done nothing wrong.  In my testing just now r10267 worked fine, r10391 failed with the same error you received.  i.e. it looks like a newly introduced FSO bug :(

(I'll do some more tests to see if I can find the exact commit that introduced the error)

And here's the culprit:

Code: [Select]
$ git bisect good
e39f7d1fa8d58c53ae82c07247a5e20f1b58e636 is the first bad commit
commit e39f7d1fa8d58c53ae82c07247a5e20f1b58e636
Author: Echelon9 <Echelon9@387891d4-d844-0410-90c0-e4c51a9137d3>
Date:   Sat Feb 1 22:05:47 2014 +0000

Fix Mantis 2997: Make +Bitmap a required table item if a weapon trail has been set

git-svn-id: svn://svn.icculus.org/fs2open/trunk/fs2_open@10378 387891d4-d844-0410-90c0-e4c51a9137d3

And here's the mantis ticket that led to this change being made.

This is going to be interesting, given the reasons for making the change it may not be a simple fix. Regardless, could you please log a new mantis ticket with all these details?  And if you want to play in the meantime, try a nightly build from before 2014-02-01, or use 3.7.0.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:21:40 pm by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

The reason why I chose a new Nightly Build was because I wanted to have non-stretched menus in Babylon project. Since that feature was introduced in the 31th of March Build, and this bug was apparently introduced in the 1st of February, it seems that I just had a bad luck :(

By the way, does this bug appear exclusively in the Babylon Project, or is it possible to appear in other mods as well? At least so far I haven't encountered this anywhere else. I ask this because I want know which Mantis subsection would be correct one to choose. So do I post this info in SCP section or the TBP section?  :pimp:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yeah, that's bad luck. If you're comfortable in building from source you could build an executable from latest SVN trunk with just that one commit (r10378) reverted (although given that the commit was introduced to avoid crashes from occurring, it may or may not work correctly anyway).

As for mantis, hmm... I *think* the best place would be TBP for now. The table entry that is triggering the issue needs to be found and checked to see if it's correct. If it is correct, then issue should be moved to the SCP mantis.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Is this package still needed or usable with Zathras 2.8?

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Everything except the Omega is in Zathras 2.8, but you can easily run it together with Zathras. It's explained in more detail in the readme.txt

Offline A2597

Very very cool! Thanks for the updated models!

Offline wesp5

Everything except the Omega is in Zathras 2.8, but you can easily run it together with Zathras. It's explained in more detail in the readme.txt

Can you please give me some info on how I would extract the Omega stuff so there is no overlap with Zathras if this is combined in an installer?