Author Topic: TBP 3.7.3 Released  (Read 28825 times)

Offline wesp5

Although there does seem to be some contention about the HUD.

Yes, the HUD does not work at anything below high 16:9 resolutions therefore my version of the original HUD should be used, which was fixed both for the cockpits and the additional secondary banks, see attachment.

[attachment deleted to save space]

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
Thanks, you did all of the work.  That maps weren't that difficult.  You didn't happen to have a variant for the Midwinter did you?  And I'd like to add debris models too.  But that aside, just some editing of LOD's so that it doesn't appear to change too close to the ship and I think it's about ready for integration.

Sorry, I don't have a Midwinter variant. But  I think the only thing that changes are the side guns.

BTW I was looking to have more time to test the exporting workflow..
But I can confirm that I have the models of the X3 Babylon 5 mod and the proper permision to use them.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/babylon-5-x3-mod

Maybe we can updates some of the old ones
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

There was a question of the number of textures used in the TBolt mod and possibly the Starfury pit.  The Starfury pit uses 15 textures, the Tbolt pit itself is only 2 but it also uses the Tbolt model textures and that's also 15.

The maps were separated for different parts of the model.  My model texturing knowledge doesn't include UVMapping.  I know how to assign a texture to a mesh part, but not how to make a wing texture area map to a wing for example.

So in order to consolidate all of those separate textures, it would require some skill in that area.  If someone does do that, for the TBolt I'd suggest leaving the main nose are texture separate for the detail, the rest could probably be on a single map or two.

For the Aurora pit, there were some elements that didn't have any texture mapped to them at all.  I created some simple small color block textures that I used to map to them both for diffuse and glow maps.

Personally, even with all of these textures my maps folder is sitting at 2,470 maps at the moment.  I plan to make Hyperion name plates and glow maps so that number will go up a little but shouldn't exceed 2,500.  As I understand it, that's some 2,200 textures below the current engine limit.  So, that said, I have no objection to them being included.  The only changes to the ship.tbl for the Tbolts were for thruster points.  The models are set up with the same number of banks as the previous ones so there's no issue there.

The HUD, some people probably wouldn't want the HUD changed, so that might be better as an optional add-on.

And no problem with the Aurora maps.  They should be good to go.

Also here's a script TBM file written my M!M that will kill the glow points on the player's ship ONLY when the throttle is zero or GLIDE is engaged.  Adds a bit of immersion in that your engines appear off when they should be off, just like the show.

Thanks M!M for the help!

Just drop it into your tables folder and play.

[attachment deleted to save space]

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
Also here's a script TBM file written my M!M that will kill the glow points on the player's ship ONLY when the throttle is zero or GLIDE is engaged.  Adds a bit of immersion in that your engines appear off when they should be off, just like the show.

Thanks M!M for the help!

Just drop it into your tables folder and play.

I always wanted that!   :D :yes:
This is a MUST have for the official release.
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline wesp5

I agree, wonderful!

Awesome, I had this in Diaspora but that version killed ALL glow maps on ALL ships if they were at zero.  This clearly doesn't work in TBP.  I figured player only would be fine as the player would really only notice it on their ships.  The capital ships having engines on could be "station keeping" or whatever.

Update on the Hyperion.  Everything I tried for debris models caused some odd chain reaction explosion that just kept going for a loooong time.  I don't know what was up with that.

I figured that I could copy the LOD1 mesh into a few debris meshes and then delete sections in each one.  It worked kind of, but aside from the odd chain reaction it also duplicated some parts.  I don't know why.  Actually I'm ok with there not being any debris mesh as the explosion effect is pretty cool even without it.

I'd rather have the newer cruisers.  So, if that's acceptable, I'll start working on the name plates.  Everything else works great that I can see.