Author Topic: WIP shots for a new Aurora and Badger starfurry  (Read 1647 times)

WIP shots for a new Aurora and Badger starfurry
I've been working on converting the other higher detail models over and I'm nearly complete.  I still need to adjust the thrusters in the ships.tbl and work on some wing art textures but that shouldn't take too long.  They are fully functional.  One nice thing is that both models use the same texture set, so that will cut down on new maps.  I've also redone the cockpit models so that there's a unique one for each class.

Screens:

[attachment deleted to save space]

Re: WIP shots for a new Aurora and Badger starfurry
Screens:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I always had a soft spot for the badger.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline wesp5

Speaking of the Badger, did we actually see it in the show? If so in which episode. Also did we ever see a Star Fury fire a missile? I can't remember...

The Badger was only shown in the episode where the Hyperion arrived at B5.  It was used to shuttle it's captain over.   As to missiles on the Aurora, I'm not certain.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
As to missiles on the Aurora, I'm not certain.

It's in the opening act of Thirdspace, that's also where the attributes of the Venom-missiles come from.

Speaking of the Badger, did we actually see it in the show? If so in which episode. Also did we ever see a Star Fury fire a missile? I can't remember...

Well, Voices in the Wilderness features a two seater Starfury, which is the base for TBP's Badger model (its also in the combat footage but hard to spot if you don't know what to look for). However, it was never actually name checked in the show. 1

And the name "Badger" only appears in the production materials for the In the Beginning. Interestingly, the actual concept for the unused ItB-Badger looks quite different. 1

1 - http://www.b5scrolls.com/#Screen2_01_9
2 - http://www.b5scrolls.com/#Screen3_02_18

ps. the ItB-Badger would make a cool Electronic Warfare Starfury ... alas, pipe dreams...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline wesp5

So the TBP "Badger" is actually the Heavy Starfury and was only seen once in the whole show.

Well, it's certainly safe to say that it was only seen close up once.  For all intents, most likely yes.  But with all the fighters zipping around in say the Severed Dreams combat sequence, who knows.

Offline starlord

Funny! The cotton tender is also featured as another concept only ship alongside the badger.

I wonder, is the cotton in TBP as well?

Aurora screen shots.  Check out the transparent illuminated cockpit.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:47:06 pm by Nightstorm »

Badger screenshots.  You can see the pilot and the GIB.

These are almost completed.  All that remains is the thruster points in the ships table.  And since they all align once it's completed for one it's done for all of them.

For the Aurora I've completed 20 different wing art skins.  All of the known ones to exist, including a couple that were...questionable.  For the Black Omega there's an unnumbered default and Bester's fighter.

The Badger uses the same skins as the Aurora so it could in theory use any of them.  The Hyperion H-04 is included in the set.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
The Badger is 'fuglyliful' - so Feck-ugly its beautiful - just like an A-10, AH-64 or a MI-24 Hind :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Since the Aurora and Badger now have cockpits and crew.  The Thunderbolt felt left out.  I fixed that.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Since the Aurora and Badger now have cockpits and crew.  The Thunderbolt felt left out.  I fixed that.

"Aaaarrrgh! It's a shark. In Space". Space-Jaws "Just when you thought it was safe to leave the atmosphere..."  :lol:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]