Author Topic: Cruiser flying conundrum  (Read 2793 times)

Cruiser flying conundrum
Playing through again, took the opposite mission path. I'm on the mission where you fly the Ashur.

I originally had a long, epic rant on the capship's controls here, but complaining is not really what I want to do... I just want some help.

Basically, how do you control the Ashur's weapons? No matter what I do, they are always set to "automatic targetting" and half of them don't seem to be firing. Pulling the primary trigger does nothing. Targetting a different enemy does nothing. The Thermal Lance shoots at whatever it feels like (which is, thankfully, usually the biggest enemy ship on the battlefield). Forget the other weapons: they only fire intermittently... I've only managed to make the beams fire ONCE, and I don't know why.

Running 3.6.16, if that matters. It's the first build I've seen that actually doesn't throw a dozen or so error/warnings when it starts up this mod.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Flak

Re: Cruiser flying conundrum
Exactly the same way you control capships in Blue Planet, though it does not have a forward facing gun that you can actively control. Use your up and down arrow keys (not keypads) on your keyboard to select the weapon and use the left and right arrow keys to choose between settings. Automatic means it will fire at the closest possible target within firing range. There is a lock setting you can choose to make it fire at your previously selected target and track which it will try to fire on whatever you are targeting. You cannot control the point defenses which is not listed though.

That might explain it... my arrow keys are mapped to shield management. I'll try re-mapping those elsewhere and see what happens.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
That shouldn't be an issue, since my arrow keys are set to the shield management stuff and the turret management still works perfectly fine.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That might explain it... my arrow keys are mapped to shield management. I'll try re-mapping those elsewhere and see what happens.

That's the whole reason the arrow keys are used for capship command (it's the default layout). You shouldn't need to remap them.

Hmm... not really a fan of having keys pull double-duty, but I suppose that works.

Yeah, that was my problem. Now I can actually fight properly. Thanks. :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, I ran out of free keys that made logical sense as a menu...so I had to use the arrow keys.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
If you put it on Track you can do things like this

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hmm... not really a fan of having keys pull double-duty, but I suppose that works.

Yeah, that was my problem. Now I can actually fight properly. Thanks. :)

A Karuna doesn't have shields and the script was originally for a Karuna, also they're pretty much the only sensible choices here.