Author Topic: Freespace 2 Special Podcast Today with Folks Who Worked Directly On The Game!  (Read 7570 times)

Re: Freespace 2 Special Podcast Today with Folks Who Worked Directly On The Game!
Watching this right now!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Freespace 2 Special Podcast Today with Folks Who Worked Directly On The Game!
Dave B was snipes :jaw:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

Great Snipes! Loved the podcast thank you!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
They're the same.
By being different :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FIZ

Thank you Brian for putting this all together.  When I first saw this was an hour long I thought ****, do I really wanna commit?  After 5 mins I was hooked.

Also thanks Adam, Mike, Dave, and Jason for your time both here and back then!

As someone with an interest in development, those comments about the source code were amazing.  I'm glad such camaraderie still exists here (which to my loss I'm not very active in), when I do any coding work now (still basic stuff in school) it feels like I need to fill out 4 disclosure forms before showing someone how I went about with my solution.

My only anticlimax moment would be anything asked regarding FS2 seemed to quickly shift to some other topic.  It striked me as odd and evasive.  I know there is a lot of legal stuff involved, or just stuff that's already been answered (the desire for closure in this interview seems like a turn around from a previous discussion that without that ambiguity, there would be no room for a modding community to grow.)  I also acknowledge that some project from a decade and a half ago is tricky to answer right off the bat.  It just felt to me that you guys expressed the Descent series was the zenith, where we (erm presumptuously) here worship another deity.  I believe I may be starting to ramble, so if a mod wishes to just replace this entire paragraph with " :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: " that's fine.

TL;DR I enjoyed the interview, thank you to all parties,  :v-old:, HLP, SpaceGameJunkie, thank you very much.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Good to hear this. Especially the comments about the engine and how it was developed. I also got a reinforced impression that games developed in the 90s were developed in a way which was much different than the way big titles are developed now.

I hope another interview comes along that's a little narrower in scope. Seems like the topics were so broad for a 1 hour interview of multiple big names in the project.

P.S. Let's hear it for snipes.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.