Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115544 times)

Offline wesp5

Re: Re: TBP Graphics Distortions
You are right, I'll continue in the other thread...

Offline wesp5

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
That's a minor problem with FSO, not TBP.

Okay, so we can do nothing about that "not found in listing" message?

I'll explain in an edit later but it has to be structured like that for Knossos.

I'm curious. So we need duplicated folders for Knossos or only the "data" folder name? Also I continued testing Raider Wars, mission 2 had no problems, but with 3 I got the following report: Warning: For ship "EA Cargo Pod 1" detail level mismatch. Table has 1, POF has 3. File ship.cpp.
That's beyond of what I can fix, but the mission itself played fine nevertheless :)!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 12:31:46 pm by wesp5 »

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
Okay, so we can do nothing about that "not found in listing" message?
Yes and fortunately it's not a problem.
I'm curious. So we need duplicated folders for Knossos or only the "data" folder name?
[/quote]
With Knossos, files go in packages and each package contains the traditional data folder.  In this case, data and tbp_core are names of two of the packages.  The freddocs need to be in a packaged named data for FRED to link to them properly.  See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oHq1YRc1eXbCgW-NqqKo1-6N_myfZzoBdwZuP16XImA/edit?pli=1# for a full explanation of packages.
Also I continued testing Raider Wars, mission 2 had no problems, but with 3 I got the following report: Warning: For ship "EA Cargo Pod 1" detail level mismatch. Table has 1, POF has 3. File ship.cpp.
That's definitely fixable.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline wesp5

With Knossos, files go in packages and each package contains the traditional data folder.  In this case, data and tbp_core are names of two of the packages.

Okay, so we need the data folder. But tbp_core only contains duplicates and the game works fine when it is removed. So do we really need this or can any content we do need be moved into the data folder too?

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I don't know what the local state of your SVN is but the mission and table files in tbp_core aren't duplicates.  If you're wondering why Temp_Folder also contains missions, it's because those won't be released initially.  Technically we could combine packages but there's no reason to.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:22:47 pm by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq

[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship

Offline wesp5

I don't know what the local state of your SVN is but the mission and table files in tbp_core aren't duplicates.

Really? Because to get rid of the missing movie error I changed both campaign files and only the data one worked. Do we really need tbp_core?

If you're wondering why Temp_Folder also contains missions, it's because those won't be released initially.

I know that, all my stuff is in there ;).

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Can you post a screenshot?  As you can seen in the attachment, the data package on the SVN (the definitive source) only has freddocs and movies.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline wesp5

As you can seen in the attachment, the data package on the SVN (the definitive source) only has freddocs and movies.

It was like this on my system too, but as there were duplicates in the data folder itself, I just removed the data/data folder. Also I think the tbp_core folder has duplicates of the missions and tables data folder...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You shouldn't have anything in data/data except for freddocs and movies. Do NOT just delete data/data or you'll end up with a completely different structure from the rest of us. For a start you won't have any movies.

EDIT: I just merged in all the off-topic from the other thread.

Also, update from SVN and see if that listing error has gone. I think it was just a capitalisation error.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:13:47 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wesp5

You shouldn't have anything in data/data except for freddocs and movies. Do NOT just delete data/data or you'll end up with a completely different structure from the rest of us. For a start you won't have any movies.

This isn't true. I have movies and freddocs folders in data itself and they work fine! So one set of these is not needed and should be deleted otherwise it will confuse people. I would suggest the data/date one. Just try yourself by moving it elsewhere! The same goes for tbp_core. Missions and tables in there seem to be the same as in the main data folder! So if I find an issue to fix in Raider Wars, which files are the correct ones? The others should be removed...

Also, update from SVN and see if that listing error has gone. I think it was just a capitalisation error.

I can't test this right now as I would need to restart the campaign. Is the POF error fixed as well?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
As I said you shouldn't have anything in data except for another folder called data which itself is empty except for freddocs and movies. You definitely shouldn't have another set of tables. I don't know why the hell you do, I certainly don't. My tables are in the tbp_core folder. My game certainly won't work if I delete that folder.

Basically, your directory structure is ****ed up somehow. And instead of asking how to fix it, you keep suggesting we all move to a ****ed up directory structure too.

I'm attaching a picture of what the folders should look like. If yours doesn't look like that can you do what PIe suggested and post your own screenshot.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:00:54 am by karajorma »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The freddocs need to be in a packaged named data for FRED to link to them properly.

Do the freddocs actually work for you? I seem to remember that they did work at one point but whenever I try them from FRED I just get an error at the moment. I'd see where they were for FS2 but they don't actually appear to be present.

Offline wesp5

Basically, your directory structure is ****ed up somehow.

Damn, you are right, see attached screenshot! I have many subfolders in data, all with a question mark too. Never did anything there myself though, so how could SVN mess this up? Shouldn't it remove folders that are not in the repo? Can I remove them now? Can I remove anything with a question mark, because in the main folder I have many question mark folders too or does this only mean they are not distributed with the TBP repo...

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:52:44 am by wesp5 »

Offline wesp5

P.S.: I get the following warning in mission 6 "Nobody Expects": Null vec3d in ved3d normalize. Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code. File: vecmat.pp. Line: 434

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Do the freddocs actually work for you? I seem to remember that they did work at one point but whenever I try them from FRED I just get an error at the moment. I'd see where they were for FS2 but they don't actually appear to be present.
I don't think they work if the mod is in dev mode but for normal users they should be extracted to the correct folder as long as they're not packed into a VP.
Also, my computer just died so I can't playtest now and possibly for a few more weeks.

Offline wesp5

Also, my computer just died so I can't playtest now and possibly for a few more weeks.

No problem, I'm already amost through the Raider Wars campaign and found no more issues than the two I posted here. There were some typos and mismatches in the subtitles though which I will fix. My main problem now is that I can't finish the 13th mission "Hide and Seek / Run and Hide" because I don't find the exit area. So how do I target a Nav Beacon?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Null vec3d errors happen from time to time but to fix them it is very helpful if there are steps to reproduce it somewhat reliably, so a coder can trace out and find the cause.  Any chance you can make it happen ever time, and describe what to do to get to it?  Or do you remember what was going on when it happened?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline wesp5

Any chance you can make it happen ever time, and describe what to do to get to it?  Or do you remember what was going on when it happened?

Now that you say it, I'm pretty sure I only got this once in the middle of a mission and not every time. The EA pod error though was consistent!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Damn, you are right, see attached screenshot! I have many subfolders in data, all with a question mark too. Never did anything there myself though, so how could SVN mess this up? Shouldn't it remove folders that are not in the repo? Can I remove them now? Can I remove anything with a question mark, because in the main folder I have many question mark folders too or does this only mean they are not distributed with the TBP repo...

I've got no idea how you ended up with a structure so messed up. I'm pretty sure that isn't an SVN error because most of those folders were never in Data at any point in SVN's history. Either way, deleting the question marked folders is a good idea.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
My computer is back so I can resume testing.
@wesp5, for future reference, since you're playing with a debug build, could you upload the log whenever you hit a warning or error?  It can sometimes really help with fixing errors.