Author Topic: Stellar Assault House Remix (ZOMG)  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Stellar Assault House Remix (ZOMG)
So I was surfing around, and some know, others dont, that the Sonic Megamix Team had included a few tracks from the Shadow Squadron 32x Cart in their Sonic 1 Remake, cause like you know, the Shadow Squadron music was that damn good.

And so, as a result of the extra publicity that the Sonic Megamix team gave Shadow Squadron, some super awesome dude created this badass House Remix of the Mission 5 music from the 32x Game. I think I'm in love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0s_cbnIWpA
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Re: Stellar Assault House Remix (ZOMG)
I think you just found a piece of your soundtrack.  :pimp:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I hate to be an ass, but I personally didn't care for it. Too much noise, and when the track looses the original tempo for this slower version, it looses the energy which the original music had. The old Stellar Assault music might have been synth music, but it was as such because it had to be. This just sounds like synth music... and not in a manner in which I would endorse.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

To be honest I've never heard the original music, so I was coming at this song from a fresh perspective. From that viewpoint it seemed pretty good to me. But to each his own...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
We need an atmospheric mission with this one...

And yes, this attachment is the original music.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

I just listened to the original and I must say that it's very good. I liked both versions, though I definitely agree that the original piece has much more energy. I think it would be ideal for a mildly dynamic environment whereas the house version seems more fit for an ambient setting.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Which is exactly what Quanto and I came to conclusion about talking together on Skype today. It makes a nice ambient track.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
tempo is about 120, with standard 4 qtr. notes per measure.

Instruments: main vocal is Bd trumpet or Saxophone
drumset with maybe an F tuned snare, hi-hat, and single bass drum.

and of course, the big ol' phat electric bass.  :nod:

Could be pretty easy to do this in something like ACID if you had the right recordings.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.