Author Topic: Wanderer 080611 build  (Read 17815 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: Wanderer 080611 build
The normal for the cone is the turrets firing point normal.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Perhaps something like this might help

CASE 1: Only standard FOV in use

CASE 2: FOV combined with maximum elevation limit in use

CASE 3: Turret Base FOV in use

Case 3 and be combined with either of case 1 or case 2. Area shaded in blue marks the area where the turret targets the enemy.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
So how do you define the FVEC?  Through animation code to set it at the start of the mission, or is it just the base's normal in the POF?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Bases don't have normals, multipart turret normals are specified on the barrels.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Multipart turrets, if on top deck have uvec (up vector, turret normal, etc etc.) pointing straight up and fvec (turret base facing or 'normal') pointing straight forward. Turrets mounted below the ship have uvec pointing straight down and fvec pointing straight behind the ship. Otherwise uvec and fvec are optional additions to the pof file (subobject properties box, where fov etc go). Also, by default barrels should point straight on the uvec regardless where the turret is placed on.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light