Author Topic: April 12 CVS  (Read 6689 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
OK i noticed no CVSs have been posted for nealy a month so i took the liberty of posting what i had.  I don't have the newest compiler available, so i'm unable to make optimized builds that redmenace posted.

fs2_open_r
fs2_open_d
fred2_open_r
fred2_open_d

edit:
I don't think i have voice recognition or synthisized voices in there either.
Post bugs on mantis
If this build fixes any bugs on mantis, please let us know so we can close/resolve them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 11:27:08 pm by phreak »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Many thanks phreak, this will be really useful for test the new features that have been introduced a few days ago...

Offline neoterran

This fixes a bug with img2dds causing corrupted textures. We really need a recent main build of this out that has support at least for synthesized speech and processor optimizations.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
before i touch this, has anyone found this randomly crashing?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
before I touch this, no, I haven't

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ah, i know what's wrong, thanks to karajorma. there may be a 'wild' pointer somewhere, where it has a null value. something's trying to change it and it spouts off a fatal error message.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well actually I said that a wild pointer is a likely the explaination for the crash.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
If its crashing, give me the errorlog.txt and i can use it to find exactly where its crashing from the map files i included.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ok, it isn't crashing. i can't get into the game because this build won't load the flag file.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Is the "randomly untargeting destroyer when I have bombs" bug fixed?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Is the "randomly untargeting destroyer when I have bombs" bug fixed?
It's fixed but I don't think the fix made it into this build (fix went in CVS after this build was released).

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I think it missed by an hour :p
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
phreak, can you take a look at whatever loads the flag file? these builds won't load it...

edit: correction, the debug build won't load the flag file.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
try running the build without the launcher and see what comes up.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Fenrir

• ?
"This application has failed to start because MSVCP60D.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
hmm thats interesting, i think its some debug DLL that only comes with visual c.  Since this is a system file, i take no responsibility if it damages your PC.  Download to C:\windows\system32

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/phreak/MSVCP60D.DLL
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I get the flag problem too on debug builds of both FSO and FRED.  Attempts to run without the launcher give:

"The ordinal 4951 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.dll"

I remember having problems like this with a debug FRED build earlier this year.  It complained about not finding some DLL files, so I did net searches and found them, one by one.  This particular one however, seemed to disagree with it.  Forunately, the builds that followed didn't have this problem so I didn't give it further concern.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
its probably my compiler, so we'll just put it down to that.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Shot down in flames there weren't you  ;) sorry, sorry...

I didn't really want to touch this anyway without voice synthesis.

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
So uh... why not add the necessary files of the speech SDK to the CVS module, like has already been done with the dx8 sdk etc?  ;) I've packed them up here to save you some time...